Who was Papoose?
Shamele Mackie, better known as Papoose, is an American composer. He started creating music when he was eleven years old, and at the age of twenty, he was picked to make a cameo appearance on Kool G Rap’s solo album, “Roots of Evil.” He was raised in Bedford-Stuyvesant and has had an early interest in music, composing his debut rap at 11. His grandma was someone he adored.
He released his debut single, ‘Alphabetical Slaughter,’ also known as ‘Thug Collection,’ when he was 21 years old. Even though it grew his fan following, he could not get a recording contract, so he began producing mixtapes to maintain his fan base and keep his name in the public eye. He has released 29 mixtapes, 11 singles, and two albums. He has also appeared as a cameo in a crime thriller film and has guested on 29 tracks by various musicians. He has also starred on the television program ‘Love & Hip Hop: New York with his wife, Remi Ma. He is now regarded as one of the most well-known rappers globally.
|Birth Name||Shamele Mackie|
|Born||March 5, 1978|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Height||5 feet 11 inch|
|Eye colour||Dark brown|
|High school||Not known|
|Net worth||Dollar500 thousand|
What is the success story of Papoose?
- Papoose received his first break in 1998 when a music producer connected him to Mafioso rap star Nathaniel Thomas Wilson, also known as Kool G Rap. Kool G Rap was seeking new voices for his solo album, ‘Roots of Evils,’ at the time. Kool G Rap decided to give Papoose a chance since he thought he had talent.
- He then made a cameo appearance on the album’s eighth song, ‘Home Sweet Funeral Home,’ and immediately impacted. He was just 20 years old at the time. His first track, ‘Alphabetical Slaughter,’ was released in 1999. It rapidly went viral, establishing a foothold in his profession and establishing a fan following for him. He then signed a deal with a recording business, but he ended his relationship with them when they failed to provide him with any recording opportunities.
- He started recording mixtapes to contact his fans; Papoose sent one of his mixtapes to Keith Grayson, better known as DJ Kay Slay, a prominent hip hop disc jockey, in 2004. Kay Slay had founded Street sweepers Entertainments to support unsigned musicians at the time.
- Kay Slay signed Papoose to Street sweepers Entertainments after being impressed by his performance. Papoose continued to make mixtapes in 2005, releasing ‘A Moment of Silence,’ ‘The Underground King,’ ‘Sharades,’ ‘Mixtape Murder,’ ‘The Bootlegger’s Nightmare,’ Bedstudy Do or Die,’ and ‘Unfinished Business.’
- He continued to create, and in 2006, he produced ‘The Best of Papoose – The Official Mixtape,’ which was followed by ‘The Best of Papoose – The Official Mixtape,’ which was followed by ‘The Best of Papoose – The Official Mixtape,’ which In the same year, he had a cameo appearance in Trevor George Smith Jr, better known as Busta Rhymes,’ Touch It’ remix, for which he became renowned.
What is the physical relationship of Papoose?
Papoose is a muscular 43-year-old guy with grey hair and dark brown eyes who stands 5 feet 11 inches tall. He weighs 70 kg and lives with his wife, Reminisce Mackie, in New York.
What is the relationship status of Papoose?
- He married Reminisce Mackie, aka Remy Ma, in a courtroom on May 12, 2008, shortly before she was arrested for killing a former acquaintance over a money dispute. They had planned to marry on April 27 but had to reschedule due to sad circumstances.
- They resumed their marital lives when Remy was released from prison in August 2014. Eight years after their actual wedding in the courthouse, they celebrated a ceremonial marriage in March 2016.
What is the net worth of Papoose?
Papoose, a rapper, has a net worth of $500 thousand.
View this post on Instagram