Richa Chadda is an Indian actress who works in Hindi films. She was born on 18 December 1988 to a Punjabi Hindu father and a Bihari mother. Chadda was brought up in Delhi, India. After completing her schooling at Sardar Patel Vidyalaya in 2002, she took a Diploma in Social Communication Media from Sophia College, Mumbai. Chadda began her career as a model, and then she moved to theatre. Later, she also received her training under Barry John. She made her acting debut with the comedy film Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! in 2008. After working as a supporting actress in several films, she got her breakthrough to support the gangster saga Gangs of Wasseypur in 2012, which earned her a Filmfare award.
In 2015, Chadda debuted in a leading role with the drama Masaan, screened at the Cannes film festival, where the film got a ‘standing ovation’.
She will be seen in Sudhir Mishra’s version of the Devdas saga, entitled Aur Devdas as Paro. She is also filming David Womark’s Indo-American production, Love Sonia. She was seen in Fukrey 2, Chalk and duster, Margarita with a straw, 3 storeys and many other movies that did not do well commercially but were loved by the people. Richa was praised for Srbjit opposite Aishwarya Bachhan and Randeep Huda; she also got appreciation from Section 375 opposite Vinod Khanna.
In 2016, she exposed in a TV interview that she is suffering from an eating disorder called “Bulimia” for many years and recuperated enough after taking help from a medical psychiatrist. Also, in the same year, Richa Chadda appeared in the life story Sarbjit, in which she played the character of Sarbjit’s wife, Sukhpreet Kaur.
Richa Chadda’s Basic Personal Info
|Born||28th December 1988|
|Country||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||1 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! (2008)|
|Salary||1 crore/per film (INR)|
|School||Sardar Patel Vidyalay, Delhi|
|College||Post Graduate Diploma in Social Communication Media from Sophia Polytechnic, Mumbai|
|Mother||Kusum Chadda (Professeor)|
|Father||Somesh Chadda (Businessman)|
|Girlfriend/Boyfriend Dated||Nikhil Dwivedi (Actor)|
Franck Gastambide (Actor)
Ali Zafar (Actor)
|– in cms||165 cm|
|-in meters||1.65 m|
|-in feet inches||5’5”|
|-in KG||57 kg|
|-in Pounds||126 lbs|
|– Waist||26 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||35 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||7 US|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Kareena Kapoor|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Hobbies||Playing sports and listening to music|
View this post on Instagram
- Minute Maid, Tata Sky, Archies Gallery, Virgin Mobile and Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate.
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- She was detained at the Delhi Airport because of a skincare product that she was carrying.
- Richa had suffered from bulimia (an eating disorder) for several years, and that she had recovered after seeking professional help from a clinical psychiatrist.
- Chadda began her career as a model, and then she moved to theatre.
- She had acted in a Kannada movie titled Nirdoshi was released in 2010 after a delay of almost 3 years.
- In 2015, Richa Chadda represented India at the 18th Marrakech International Film Festival. The festival representatives invited her as a Jury member alongside Hollywood film-maker and screenwriter Francis Ford Coppola, the president of the Marrakech Film Festival.
- After actress Payal Gosh tried to defame Richa, she quickly moved to legal action against the actress, making her headlines.
- Richa Chadda was seen taking a dig against Kangna Ranaut after they did a movie together.
- Richa was also targeted for dating Ali Faizal, who is a Muslim actor.
- 2013: Filmfare Award for Best Actress (Critic)- Gangs of Wasseypur
- 2014: Screen Awards for Best Performance in a Comic Role- Fukrey
- 2015: Stardust Awards for Editor’s Choice Performer of the Year- Masaan
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile
People Also Search For Disha Patani and Neha Dhupia