Leo Santa Cruz is a professional boxer hailing from Mexico. He was ranked sixth in the pound for pound rankings by the Transnational Boxing Ranking Board.
Who is Leo Santa Cruz?
Leodegario Santa Cruz is a renowned Mexican boxer. He is a quadruple boxing champion two has won the four major world championships. He has the title of bantamweight, super bantamweight, featherweight, and super featherweight championships. He has been the holder of the WBA awesome featherweight title since 2017, which he won first in August 2015 after defeating Abner Mares. He is given the fourth rank among best active featherweight boxers by BoxRec. He has 37 wins, one draw, and only two losses in his career so far.
|Birth Name||Leodegario Santa Cruz|
|Birth Date||10th August 1988 (Age 32)|
|Birth Place||Huetamo, Michoacán, México|
|Other Names||El Terremoto meaning the earthquake|
|Parent(s)||Elodea Santa Cruz, Jose Santa Cruz|
|Sibling(s)||Jose Santa Cruz Jr., Antonio Santa Cruz, Roberto Santa Cruz|
|High School||Huetamo Private High School|
|Active Years||2006- Present|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||9 million dollars|
What does Leo Santa Cruz do?
- Leo Santa Cruz is a famous Mexican boxer who is also a quadruple boxing champion. He started his boxing career as a teenager. In his amateur career, he won 148 matches and lost only 7. He started boxing professionally in 2006 and fought with Pedro Silva in the ring. He won the match with two knockouts in two rounds. He then fought against Rodrigo Hernandez in 2007. He left his mark by defeating well-known boxer James Owens in 2010. He then won 14 matches consecutively. He won the WBC Bantamweight Championship in March 2011 by defeating Stephane Jamie.
- These prominent matches helped him to create a place as one of the best active boxers. In 2012, Leo won against South African boxer Vusi Malinga to win the IBF bantamweight title. In the same year, he defended his IBF title first against two-time world champion Eric Morel.
- In October 2012, Santa Cruz defended his title for the second time against Victor Zaleta, who was also a Mexican Boxer. He defended his title for the third time against Alberto Guevara in December 2012. Leo moved to super bantamweight in 2013. He won the North American Bantamweight Federation super bantamweight title against Alexander Munoz. He then fought with Victor Terrazas for the WBC super bantamweight title and was successful in winning it. He defended his title thrice against Cristian Mijares, Manuel Roman, and Jesus Ruiz.
- Cruz moved to featherweight in 2015 and won the title against Abner Mares. He lost his title to Carl Frampton. Leo defeated Carl in 2017 to win the title again. In 2019, Santa Cruz moved to Super featherweight and fought against Miguel Flores and Gervonta Davis.
How does Leo Santa Cruz look?
- Leo Santa Cruz is a 32 years old boxer who is 5.7 feet tall and weighs 58 kg. He has black eyes, and so does his hair. He was born on 10th August 1988 in Huetamo, Michoacán, Mexico. He attended Huetamo Private High School for his studies. His father’s name is Jose Santa Cruz, and his mother is Elodea Santa Cruz. His siblings are Jose Santa Cruz Jr, Antonio Santa Cruz, Roberto Santa Cruz. He has a tattoo on his hand.
Is Leo Santa Cruz married?
- Leo Santa Cruz has not married yet and is not even in a relationship. He is supposed to be straight. He was in a relationship with someone. But he never disclosed it. He has always been a private person who kept his personal life away from the media.
How much does Leo Santa Cruz earn?
- Leo Santa Cruz’s net worth is $9 million.
- Leo Santa Cruz is a Mexican boxer.
- He has won 37 matches in 40.
- He is 5.7 feet tall.
View this post on Instagram