Konkona Sen Sharma is an Indian actress, writer, and director. Sen Sharma was born on 3 December 1979 in New Delhi, India. She is a veteran filmmaker–actress Aparna Sen, Konkona Sen Sharma, who appears primarily in Indian arthouse and independent films. As a child artist in the film Indira (1983), Konkona Sen Sharma debuted as an adult in the Bengali thriller Ek Je Aachhe Kanya (2000).
Konkona’s graduate degree was in English from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi, in 2001. She was a student of the Modern High School for Girls, Calcutta, and the Calcutta International School.
She first gained attention with the English-language film Mr and Mrs Iyer (2002), which was directed by her mother, and received the National Film Award for Best Actress for her performance in the film. She made her Hindi debut with the drama Page 3 (2005), got her wider recognition from audiences. She won two consecutive Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Awards for her performances in Omkara (2006) and Life in a… Metro(2007), respectively.
In 2017 her directorial debut film, A Death in the Gunj, was released. She also starred in the critically acclaimed Lipstick Under My Burkha in the same year. After which, she was seen with Irrfan Khan in Talvar, and in 2020 she was seen in the feminist movie Dolly Kitty Aur Woh chamakte sitare with Bhumi Pednekar.
Konkona Sen Sharma’s Basic Personal Info
|Name||Konkana Sen Sharma|
|Born||3rd December 1979|
|Country||New Delhi, India|
|Net Worth||5 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Bengali- Ek Je Achhe Kanya (2001)|
English- Mr. & Mrs Iyer (2003)
Hindi- Page 3 (2005)
|Debut TV||Karkat Rashi|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
|Salary||75-80 lakh/per film (INR)|
|School||Modern High School for Girls, Kolkata|
Calcutta International School, Kolkata
|College||St. Stephen’s College, Delhi (Degree in English)|
|Mother||Aparna Sen (Actress, Director)|
|Father||Mukul Sharma (Writer and Journalist)|
|Sibling||Sister- Kamalini Chatterjee (Elder)|
|Spouse Name||Ranvir Shorey (Actor)|
|Married Year||3 September 2010- September 2015|
|Children||Son- Haroon (Born on 15 March 2011)|
|Boyfriend Dated||Ranvir Shorey (Actor)|
|– in cms||155 cm|
|-in meters||1.55 m|
|-in feet inches||5’1”|
|-in KG||57 kg|
|-in Pounds||126 lbs|
|– Chest/Bra||34 B|
|– Waist||27 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||35 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Favourite Actor||Irrfan Khan|
|Favourite Book||Hooked to This Is How You Lose Her By Junot Diaz|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
View this post on Instagram
- Britannia Biscuit, Amazon.
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- It was reported that Konkana married Ranvir Shorey instantly due to her pregnancy before marriage.
- Konkona Sen Sharma made her debut as a child artist in the Bengali film Indira (1983)
- Sen Sharma was offered the lead role in Mira Nair’s Hollywood film, The Namesake (2007), but she could not commit to the project due to clashing dates with other films.
- In her childhood, she wasn’t allowed to watch commercial films.
- She is an avid reader of mystery and thrillers English novels. Her favourite authors are Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie.
- When her parents split, she was just 5 years old.
- In June 2009, Sen Sharma starred onstage first time at Atul Kumar’s The Blue Mug alongside Rajat Kapoor, Vinay Pathak, Ranvir Shorey and Sheeba Chadha.
- A Death In The Gunj is her first directional venture film which is critically acclaimed.
- 2020 has been exceptionally hard for Konkan Sharma and Ranvir Shorey as they got divorced in the very year.
- Konkan Sharma had a huge crush on Irrfan Khan.
- 2003: National Film Award for Best Actress, Mr and Mrs Iyer
- 2007: National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress, Omkara
- 2007: Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award, for Omkara
- 2008: Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award, for Life in a… Metro
- 2008: IIFA Best Supporting Actress Award, Life in a… Metro
- 2014: Filmfare Best Actor (Female) Award, for Goynar Baksho
- 2010: Annual Central European Bollywood Best Actress Award, Luck By Chance
- 2006: Zee Cine Award Best Female Debut, Page 3(Jointly with Vidya Balan)
- 2007: Zee Cine Award Best Actor in a Supporting Role- Female, for Omkara
- 2008: Apsara Best Supporting Actress Award, Life in a… Metro
- 2002: Bengal Film Journalists’ Association Awards: Best Actress for Ek Je Aachhe Kanya
- 2003: Anandalok Awards: Critics Choice for Mr and Mrs Iyer
- 2007: Bengal Film Journalists’ Association Awards: Most Outstanding Performance of the Year for 15, Park Avenue
- 2007: Mahindra Indo-American Arts Council (MIAAC) Film Festival: Best Actress for Dosar.
- 2011: 11th New York Indian Film Festival: Best Actress for Iti Mrinalini
- 2015: South Asian Film Festival: Best Actress for Kadambari.
- 2017: 17th New York Indian Film Festival: Best Actress for Lipstick Under My Burkha
- 2017: 17th New York Indian Film Festival: Best Director for A Death In The Gunj
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile
People Also Search For Sonam Kapoor and Kajal Aggarwal