The most famous stand-up comedian in the U.S is Jeff Ross. Learn more about his life, success and struggles in this article. Go through it right away!
Who is Jeff Ross?
Jeff Ross(Jeffrey Ross Lifschultz) is an American stand up comedian, actor, writer and director. He was born on September 13, 1965, and is 56 years old. He is also known as ‘Roastmaster General’ for his insult comedy in his multiple appearances at celebrity roasts held by the New York Friars Club, the Comedy Central Roast television series, and the Historical Roasts, Netflix historical comedy series. Jeff Ross Lifshultz’s birthplace is Springfield, New Jersey. His tough upbringing after his father’s death is one reason behind his insult comedy content.
He is a graduate of Boston University’s College of Communication. In a 2008 interview for the student-run BUTV10 program Full Circle, Ross mentioned that he was the director at BU’s WTBU and worked at the local NPR affiliate during his college years. His mother died from leukaemia when he was 14 years old. His father died 5 years later when Ross was 19 years old.
He recently directed his first film, ‘Patriot Act: A Jeffrey Ross Home Movie (2005)’ which chronicles his week-long trip entertaining U.S. soldiers stationed around Iraq’s Sunni Triangle. The film has appeared at numerous festivals and won an honourable mention during Hampton’s International Film Festival’s prestigious Films of Conflict and Resolution program. Vulture posted more information about the claim on August 5, 2020.
|Real Name||Jeffrey Ross Lifschultz|
|Nick Name||Jeff Ross|
|Date of Birth||September 13, 1965|
|Age||56 years old|
|Occupation||American stand up comedian, actor, writer and director|
|Birthplace||Marietta, Georgia, U.S|
|Country||United States of America|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches
|Education||Jonathan Dayton High School
Boston University College of Communication
|Social Media Accounts|
What is Jeff Ross famous for?
- Jeff Ross started his career while being in college. He worked as the music director at the university’s student-run radio station WTBU.
- Jeffrey Ross Lifschultz is a professional American stand-up comedian, writer, director, and actor. He gained the name Roastmaster General for his insult comedy. Early in his career, he started performing at the Boston Comedy Club as a stand-up comedian. Friars Club honoured him with the name of Roastmaster General after becoming regular at the club.
- From 2003 to 2005, Ross became a regular roaster at Comedy Central. At Comedy Central, Ross has also performed at the US military bases in Afghanistan, Guantanamo Bay, and Iraq. He produced and directed the movie “Patriot Act: A Jeffrey Ross Home Movie” in 2005, in which he shared his experiences in his tour of Iraq. The movie eventually won the prize for the best film at the Comedian Film Festival.
- Publishing his first book, “I Only Roast the Ones I Love Busting Balls Without Burning Bridges, ” recalls his journey from stand-up comedian to the Roastmaster General; the book also contained some tips for a good roast.
- In 2016, he lent his voice for the animated series ‘Future-Worm’. He is the director of ‘Patriot Act: A Jeffrey Ross Home Movie’, a documentary film that won the Best Feature Film Award at the Montreal Comedy Festival. He had also written a book in 2009.
- Jeff also hosted a show, “The Burn with Jeff Ross, ” consisting of 2 seasons from 2012 to 2013 on Comedy Central. He was also the creator of this show. Jeff has also performed at the Brazos County jail for the convicts in Texas in a special Comedy Central episode, “Jeff Ross Roasts Criminals: Life from Brazos County jail. From 2019, Ross began hosting a series, “Historical Roasts on Netflix.
What is the height and weight of Jeff Ross?
- Jeff Ross body type may suggest that he weighs a lot, but he is actually just 83kg. The 55-year-old artist is 1.79 m tall. His chubby body often tends to give wrong ideas about his weight.
- Jeff Ross is 5 feet 8 inches tall.
- Jeff Ross has no hair, and his eyes are black.
- His zodiac sign is Virgo.
- He is one of the most famous stand-up comedians in the world and has a huge fanbase.
- Also, read about DanaCarvey.
- Jeff’s relationship has always been a questionable affair. He is 55 years old and still not married pulled him into many controversies about his sexuality. He has never been through any major scandal in his life, but his sexuality became a topic of discussion in public. Jeff has never had any dating life.
- He has never been seen dating or in a relationship with any woman throughout his life. This added fuel to the fire of this controversy. He never bothered to clear the air publicly over this topic. The artist has either never had any girlfriend or is extremely secretive about his love life.
- Jeff’s current net worth is around $5 million. He has made a major amount of money through Comedy Central Roast. His career started particularly slow, but with time, he managed to amass good wealth.
- His net worth is $5 million.
- He has never been married in his entire life.
- He directed the movie ‘Patriot Act: A Jeffrey Ross Home Movie’, a documentary film that won the Best Feature Film Award at the Montreal Comedy Festival.
- He is not in any relationship.
- He has appeared in as many as 12 shows.
- His net worth is $5 million.
- He is one of the most popular stand up comedians in the world.
- He gained major popularity through Comedy Central Roast.
- He credits his roasting talent to his tough upbringing.
View this post on Instagram