Derek Chauvin was in Minneapolis Police Department. He was born in the United States on March 19, 1976. Get info on Derek’s Networth, his relationship, height, weight and full bio.
The life of Derek Chauvin
An ex-police officer was convicted of the murder of George Floyd. Derek was sentenced on three charges; second-degree unintentional murder, second-degree manslaughter, and third-degree murder. His father was a public account officer, and his mother was a housewife. When he was seven years old, his parents separated and were granted joint custody.
Derek was born on 19th March 1976. Derek completed his degree in law enforcement in 2006. Before this, he worked as a prep cook in Mcdonald’s. Derek went to Park high school in Minnesota and completed only with a general education certificate. He served in the United States Army for almost a decade. During this period, he attended the Inver hills community college from 1995 to 1999 and then moved to Metropolitan State University, where he completed his bachelor’s degree in law enforcement in 2006. He joined the Minneapolis Police Department in 2001.
Derek Chauvin’s Quick Bio
|Birth Name||Derek Michael Chauvin|
|Born||March 19, 1976 (Age 45)|
|Profession||Minneapolis Police Department, Military career|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Weight||70 kg or 154.3 lbs|
|High School||Park high school, Minnesota|
|College||Dakota County Technical College|
|Net Worth||500 thousand dollars|
|Works||Minneapolis Police Department, Military career|
Derek Chauvin’s Career
What is Derek Chauvin famous for?
- Derek and his other four colleagues were responsible for arresting George Floyd on suspicion of using a 20$ forged bill. George did not resist the arrest, and it was captured by the security cameras nearby. George resisted getting into the car after being handcuffed and falling face down. Derek used force to keep George grounded and knelt on their neck George for more than 9 minutes. Derek was charged with second-degree unintentional murder, second-degree manslaughter, and third-degree murder and arrested on May 29, 2020. Bail for assault in the third degree was set at $1.25 million.
- Attorney general Keith Ellison made amendments on June 3, alleging Derek committed a third-degree crime and killed George. Derek is the first white police officer to be convicted of killing a black person. There was speculation that Derek might be sentenced to 40 years which is the maximum available term. Prosecutors, however, petitioned for 30 years. Based on the second-degree murder charges, Derek was sentenced to 22.5 years of imprisonment, while the remaining two payments remain not adjudicated.
- In the official record, Derek had multiple complaints against him. A couple of them ended in disciplinary action. In 2017, Derek and his fellow officers responded to a complaint. Recorded videos from the scene showed Derek hitting a black boy on the head, which required stitches. Derek worked as a security officer for a nightclub, and the owner of the club mentioned Derek using excessive force and going aggressive when black people visited the club.
- His case taught the world that everyone is equal and no one is above the law.
Derek Chauvin’s Personal Information
What is the physical appearance of Derek Chauvin?
Derek Dow is 5 ft 9 inches tall. His bodyweight is 70 kg. He has a fair skin tone, short brown hair, and brown eyes.
Derek Chauvin’s Relationship
What is the relationship status of Derek Chauvin?
Derek married Carol Kellie Chauvin in 2010. They separated in 2021 when Kellie Chauvin filed for divorce one day before they arrested Derek. The divorce was settled in Feb 2021. His wife is a former radiologist and has won the Mrs Minnesota title in 2018. No biological child was born out of this marriage, but Kellie has two children from her previous marriage.
Derek Chauvin’s Net Worth
What is the net worth of Derek Chauvin?
Derek has a net worth of 500 thousand dollars. He had been getting paychecks until he was fired from the police department.
- Medal for Valor in 2006 for shooting a suspect who pointed a gun at the police officers
- Medal for Valor in 2008 in a domestic violence case where he shot the suspect who tried to retaliate using a pistol.
- He was awarded a commendation medal in 2008 after he, along with his team, handled an escaping suspect with a gun.
- He was awarded another commendation medal in 2009 for off-duty work for a nightclub.
View this post on Instagram