Welcome to Bruce Dickinson Wiki. In this article, you will find everything about Bruce, like his net worth, height, weight, relationships, and more.
So, let’s get started:
Bruce Dickinson is an English singer, songwriter, and pilot. He is best known as the vocalist for the English heavy metal band Iron Maiden. Widely considered one of the greatest rock vocalists of all time, Dickinson was the pioneer of the genre of operatic vocal style, a singing style that was later adapted by many metal vocalists. He has an estimated net worth of $115 million and has recorded around twelve albums as Iron Maiden’s heavy metal band.
Besides being the lead singer of Iron Maiden, Bruce is an airline pilot, radio show host, historian, television presenter, fencer, producer, novelist, and songwriter. According to Allmusic, Dickinson “was the most acclaimed and instantly recognizable vocalist to emerge from the New Wave of British Heavy Metal movement of the early-’80s”. He is the older cousin of Rob Dickinson, lead singer of British alternative rock band Catherine Wheel.
Paul Bruce Dickinson was born in the small mining town of Worksop, Nottinghamshire. His mother worked part-time in a shoe shop, and his father was a mechanic in the army. Dickinson’s birth hurried the young couple into marriage. Initially, he was brought up by his grandparents; his grandfather was a coal-face worker at the local colliery, and his grandmother was a housewife. These pieces of information are actually referred to in his song ‘Born In ’58’ from his solo album ‘Tattooed Millionaire’.
Bruce Dickinson’s Early Life
- Bruce was born on 7 August 1958 in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, England. His mother was a housewife, and his father was a mechanic in the Army.
- At the age of 13, he was enrolled at the Oundle, a school in Northamptonshire. He also developed a passion for heavy rock here.
- Bruce started his career as a musician in a front band in small local bands in the 1970s. He was still in high school while he started making music.
- In 1979, he joined a heavy metal band called ‘Samson’ and did two studio records.
- The band also gave him the stage name of ‘Bruce Bruce’. He left the band in 1981 and joined ‘Iron Maiden’. Dickinson’s first album with Iron Maiden was ‘The number of the Beast’.
- In 1977, he became a part of the band ‘Speed’ and multi-instrumentalist Paul ‘Noddy’ White. He wrote his own material for the band and also learnt to play the guitar.
- Apart from his musical career, Bruce is also a professional pilot for Astraeus Airlines.
- Dickinson always thought of himself as more than a singer in Iron Maiden. He had been a top fencer, written two novels, done some acting and was doing an increasing amount of guest DJ-ing on various radio stations. His US label, Sony Music, asked him if he could do another solo album.
- Bruce was married to Jane in 1983 and got divorced in 1987. Aftward, Bruce married Paddy Bowden and has 3 children Austin, Griffin, Kia.
- He is approximately 5 ft 6 inches tall and weighs 78 kg.
- His zodiac sign is Leo.
Social Media Profile
View this post on Instagram
- Paul Bruce Dickinson is an English singer, songwriter, musician, airline pilot, entrepreneur, author, and broadcaster.
- Paul Bruce Dickinson was born in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, England, to Bruce Dickinson, an army mechanic and Sonia Dickinson, who worked part-time at a shoe shop.
- In 2011, he received the honorary music doctorate conferred upon him by the Queen Mary College, London, to recognise ‘his contribution to the music industry’.
- In 1983, he married his first wife, Jane. The marriage ended in a divorce in the year 1987.