Lyrica Garrett (born on December 8, 1950) is an American musician and reality show star. She was born in Houston, Texas, United States. Lyrica holds an American nationality and belongs to the white ethnicity. She is best known for movies like Perfume (1991), Penitentiary II (1982), and Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood (2014). She became the musical director for a youth choir at twelve years old. By the age of fifteen, she was writing lyrics and performing. Uniquely talented at such a young phase.
She was fronting the platinum-selling musical group Undisputed Truth. In 1976, she joined the touring musical production of The Wiz — a musical with lyrics and music by Charlie Smalls. In 1979, Lyrica released her debut album, entitled – ”The Undisputed Truth – Smokin’.” In 2019, Garrett released a music video for her single “Summertime Love” from her album Ready. With great success, Lyrica Garrett has amassed a substantial amount of money. Garrett rose to fame after her daughter Lyrica Anderson got cast on Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood. Although Lyrica had a short span of career, her estimated net worth is $500000. Moreover, she has an annual income of$150000, a monthly income of $12500 and a weekly income of $3125.
She had a long career as a singer and even had a platinum-selling girl group called Uncontested Truth in front of him. Lyrica Garrett has grabbed huge public’s attention after she came to the reality show along with her daughter Lyrica Anderson
|Birth Name :||Marcy Thomas|
|Nickname Name :||Lyrica Garrett|
|Born :||December 8, 1950|
|Origin :||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Profession :||Singer, TV personality|
|Years Active :||1974 – present|
|Spouse :||Darrius Garrett|
Early Life & Her Journey
- Lyrica Garrett was born in Houston, Texas. She was raised by a Pentecostal pastor.
- Growing up in Texas, she discovered her interest in singing at a tender age. When she was 12 years old, she was discovered by the iconic signing duo Ike and Tina Turner.
- She worked with Ike and Tina Turner as a backing vocalist with the trio The Ikettes.
- That’s how her career as a singer began.
View this post on Instagram
- In 2014, she also appeared on the reality show Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood and her daughter Lyrica Anderson.
- The tv show turned her into a star overnight and pushed her into the limelight.
Family & Relationship
- Lyrica Garrett is married to Darrius Garrett (January 1994 – present), and she has a daughter named Lyrica Anderson.
- Her son-in-law is A1 Bently.
- Lyrica Garrett has brown coloured eyes, and she is 5 ft 6 inches tall and weighs around 60KG.
- Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. She loves singing and watching TV shows.
Lyrica Garrett Networth
- As of February 2020, Lyrica Garrett’s net worth is estimated at 2 million USD. Her main source of income is from her profession as a singer and TV personality.
- She has worked with Chaka Khan, Stevie Wonder, and Luther Vandross.
- Lyrica Garrett is a singer-songwriter and vocal coach originally from Houston, Texas. She was discovered by Ike Turner, performing with The Ikettes from 1974 until 1975, and again in 1988, and touring with him in 2006.
- She started her career at the young age of 12 years.
- As an actress, she had roles in Penitentiary II (1982) and Perfume (1991).
- Talking about her hobbies, she loves singing and travelling.
- Her official Instagram handle has over 131k Followers (as of February 2020), where she shares her singing videos and sort of vlogs with her fans.
- I hope this article helped you to know more about her. If you have any information to add to this Lyrica Garrett Wiki, please contact us or comment below.