Who is Billy Ray Cyrus? Billy Ray Cyrus (born August 25, 1961) is an American singer, actor, and songwriter. He was born in Flatwoods, KY. He has been in the music industry since 1992 and has released 16 albums and more than 50 singles. His famous song is Acky Becky Heart, an instant hit and had over 72 million views. The single became the first to receive triple platinum in Australia.
Born in 1961 and raised in the small eastern Kentucky town of Flatwoods, Cyrus got his first taste of singing at four in his father’s gospel group, the Crownsmen Quartet. His mother also enjoyed music and often played bluegrass piano for young Billy Ray.
He has eight top-ten single to date, and his best debut album is first titled “Some Gave All”. He is really famous on social media as well, with over 2 million followers on Instagram and over 270,000 subscribers on YouTube. Discover Billy’s height, weight, age, relationship, net worth, and full bio below.
Initially interested in baseball, he started learning the guitar at the age of 20 and became confident enough to drop out of college to pursue a career in music. His intermingling of country music with rock, coupled with his singing, on-stage charisma, and good looks, made him the toast of the nation.
|Name||Billy Ray Cyrus|
|Born||August 25, 1961 ( 59 years old)|
|Height||183 cm (in centimetres)|
1.83 m (in meters)
6 ft (in feet and inches)
|Weight||60 kgs (in kilograms)|
132 lbs (in pounds)
|Mother||Ruth Ann Casto|
|Children||Miley Cyrus, Noah, Trace, Braison, Christopher, Brandi|
|Net Worth||$ 20 Million|
|Profiles||Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube|
Where was Billy Ray Cyrus born? Billy Ray Cyrus was born in Flatwoods, Kentucky. He started singing at the age of 4. He started singing bluegrass music which he was inspired by his grandfather. He also likes gospel music. He came from a family of musicians where his father played the guitar, his mother played the piano, and his grandfather was very good at the fiddle.
He started learning guitar from his father but being left-handed made him really difficult to learn. As a teenager, he started playing in local bars and restaurants. He also created a band with his brother and named it “Sly Dog”. He was also really talented at baseball and received a baseball scholarship from Georgetown School.
What is Billy Ray Cyrus famous for? Despite growing up in a musician family, Bill’s career did not start smoothly. In 1984 a fire broke in the venue he was performing, and his entire musical instruments were burnt. He struggled a lot to get his big break, but finally, he returned to Kentucky.
- In 1990, they finally signed to PolyGram Mercury Records. He released his first album in 1992 titled “Some Gave All”. It became a massive success and debuted in no 1 in Billboard hot Country. The album sold more than 20 million copies worldwide. The most successful single from the album is “Acky Becky Heart”. The single became number 1 on Billboard hot 100 country songs.
- In 1993, due to the worldwide success of his first album, Billy released his second album titled “It Won’t Be the Last”. The album debuted in No 1 in Billboard Top 100 and was certified platinum by the RIAA. The best single from the album was “In the Heart of a Women”.
- Cyrus’s third album was released in 1994 titled ” Storm in the Heartland”. It was his last album PolyHearts records. The album was really disappointing compared to other albums. He left Polyhearts records in 1995 and signed with Mercury records. His fourth album was titled Trial of Tears in 1996.
- The album was Cyrus’ most critically acclaimed album. His last album with Mercury records was released in 1998 titled “Shot Full of Love”. The album was his lowest peaking album debuting at no 32. He signed with Monument Records in 1999 and released his album Southern Rain in 2000.
- In 2003 he shifted to Christian music and released two albums titled “Time Flies” and ” The Other Side”. In 2006, he released another country album titled “Wanna Be Your Joe”. The album contained a duet with his daughter Miley Cyrus titled “Stand”.
- In 2007, he appeared on the famous TV show “Dancing With the Stars” and Karina Smirnoff. They were one of the fan favourites and went out in the semifinal with 5th place. In November 2008, he released another album titled “Back to Tennesse”. In 2009 he formed a band titled “Brother Clyde”.
- In April 2015, he became famous once again for his remix on Old Town Road. He collaborated with the rapper on Hot 97 Summer Jam.
As an Actor – Besides singing, he also had a decent acting career. He began his acting by appearing on the 1999 TV show The Love Boat. His movie debut also came in 1999 from the movie Radical Jack. His famous family drama Doc started in 2001. The drama lasted for 5 seasons. He also made cameo appearances in Nashville.
- In 2006, he appeared on another hit musical TV series Hannah Montana with his daughter Miley Cyrus in the lead role in the series.
What is the height of Billy Ray Cyrus? Billy Ray Cyrus stands at the height of 6 ft and weighs about 60 kg. His hair colour is brown, and he has grey colour eyes. His zodiac sign is Virgo.
Who is Billy Ray Cyrus dating now? In 1986 Billy married Crady Smith. Their marriage lasted for five years. In 1992 billy married Leticia Cyrus. She was the mother of Miley, Braison, Noah. He also adopted two children of Leticia from her previous marriage. They are Brandi and Trace. He also has a son named Christopher with Kristin Luckey.
What is the net worth of Billy Ray Cyrus? He is a megastar musician with16 albums and more than 50 singles. His primary source of income is Music. As of 2020, he has an estimated net worth of approximately $20 million.
View this post on Instagram
- Once, he had to sleep in his neighbour’s car due to a lack of money.
- His musical instrument was burnt when the fire broke out in the venue he was performing.
- He released his first album, Some Gave All, with record-breaking single Acky Becky Heart in 1992.
- His net worth as of 2020 is approximately $ 20 million,
- Billy Ray Cyrus and Illenium are both popular American Musicians.
Image credit – @BillyRayCyrus Instagram