The story of Shawn Kemp
Shawn Kemp is one of the most skilled and amazing retired professional American Basketball players. Due to his expertise, he got the nickname ‘Reign Man’. He tries to stay in touch with his fans via his social media accounts. Currently, he has 59k followers on his Facebook account.
Who is Shawn Kemp?
The 51 years old athlete, Kemp is a former professional basketball player. Kemp played in the National Basketball Association for a total of 14 seasons. He had been selected for 5 NBA All-Star games from 1993-1998 as a member of the Seattle SuperSonics. He had been chosen three times All-NBA second team member.
Kemp had outplayed the prep star, Terry Mills, at the B/C All-Star camp. Therefore, he was considered to be one of the top players and was chosen to lead the team to the state championship level when he was in high school. At the time when he was a successful player, he was one of the richest basketball players. Kemp was the youngest player in the NBA at the time and while he faced a little tough time in his first game, he excelled in his second game.
Kemp had a successful team along with Gary Payton, Ricky Pierce, Eddie Jonson, and Nate McMillan.
|Birth Name||Shawn Travis Kemp Sr.|
|Born||November 26, 1969 (Age 51)|
|Profession||Former Professional Basketball Player|
|Country||Indiana, United States|
|Height||6 ft 10 in (208 cm)|
|Weight||104 kg or 228 lb|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|High School||Concord High School, Indiana|
|College||University of Kentucky|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
What is the success story of Shawn Kemp?
- Kemp had a passion for basketball since his childhood and showed amazing playing skills in high school itself. He outplayed the prep star Terry Mills and led his team to the state final championship. He got selected in the McDonald’s High School All-American Team in 1988 and performed well. Kemp got drafted to play for the Seattle SuperSonics in 1989 and was the youngest player to do so.
- Kemp played for the American National team in the 1994 FIBA World Championship held in Toronto where he fetched a gold medal. The peak of success in his career was from 1995-96. Kemp also played with the Cleveland Cavaliers from 1997-2000. It was at this point that he had started to gain weight that affected his playing. He then played for Portland Trail Blazers from 2000-2002 and then with Orlando Magic from 2002-2003.
- Kemp started facing some weight gain issues and drug consumption issues. It took a toll on his career and health. However, he soon revived with strong willpower and a positive attitude.
What is the physical appearance of Shawn Kemp?
- Kemp is a whopping 6 ft 10 inches tall, dark and handsome man who used to have an athletic physique when he was playing. However, he has gained weight nowadays and weighs 104 kgs.
- He has short black hair with matching eyes. A French beard suits his sportsman personality.
What is the relationship status of Shawn Kemp?
- Kemp got married to Marvena L Thomas in 1995. They both have three children-Shawn Kemp Jr is the eldest son who is currently playing at the University of Washington. The details about his other children are not known. Moreover, he has other wives with children, making a total of seven children- six daughters and one son.
What is the net worth of Shawn Kemp?
- Kemp has won several matches in his playing career. He won gold for America in the World Championship in 1994. He endorsed Reebok and earned a good sum from there. He had several responsibilities on his shoulders due to which he lost most of his wealth. Currently, his net worth stands at $5 million.
- Kemp has been an NBA All-Star from 1993-1998.
- He was chosen in the 17th position in the 1989 NBA Draft conducted by the SuperSonics.
- He has played for famous teams like Seattle SuperSonics, Cleveland Cavaliers, Portland Trail Blazers, and Orlando Magic.
- According to sources, Kemp has six wives and seven children.
View this post on Instagram