Who is Ray Stevens?
Ray Stevens was born Harold Ray Ragsdale on January 24, 1983. He is an American pop singer, songwriter, and comedian best known for his Grammy-winning recording “Everything Is Beautiful” & “Misty”. Moreover, Ray is also known for this comedic skits such as “Gitarzan” and “The Streak”. At the age of 17, he moved to Atlanta, where he met Bill Lowery, a radio personality and Georgia Tech football broadcaster.
Ніѕ рlасе оf bіrth аnd bіrth nаmе wеrе Сlаrkdаlе, Gеоrgіа, аnd Наrоld Rау Rаgѕdаlе, rеѕресtіvеlу. Не hаѕ а brоthеr whо gоеѕ bу thе nаmе Јоhn Rаgѕdаlе. Аѕ еаrlу аѕ hіѕ hіgh ѕсhооl dауѕ, Ѕtеvеnѕ wаѕ аlrеаdу раrt оf а bаnd. Аѕ а mаttеr оf fасt, hе wаѕ іtѕ fоundеr. Іtѕ nаmе wаѕ Тhе Ваrоnѕ, аnd thе gеnrе wаѕ rhуthm аnd bluе. Іt іѕ сlеаr thаt hіѕ іntеrеѕt іn muѕіс gоеѕ wау bасk.
The Misty singer has been featured in the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame, the Georgia Music Hall of Fame, and the Christian Music Hall of Fame. He formed his first band when he was in high school. He later studied at Georgia State University, where he majored in music. He began his career after signing with Capitol Records. His initial studio albums include ‘1,837 Seconds of Humor’ and ‘This is Ray Stevens’. Many of his songs became hits, with ‘The Streak’ and ‘Everything is Beautiful’ charting at the first position on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
At the age of eighteen, Ray Stevens signed to Capitol Records’ Prep Records division. He produced the single ‘Silver Bracelet’ and a cover of ‘Rang Tang Ding Dong’. A few years later, he signed with Mercury Records. He had several hits, such as ‘Harry the Hairy Ape’ and ‘Funny Man’.
|Real Name||Harold Ray Ragsdale|
|Known as||Ray Stevens|
|Born||January 24, 1939 (age 81 years old),|
Clarkdale, Georgia, USA
|Occupation||Singer, Songwriter, Arranger|
|Hair Color||Under Review|
|Eye Color||Under Review|
- Ray Stevens was born on January 24, 1939. He is a well-known Soundtrack, Actor, Composer, and here at FamousFaceWiki, Ray trends for being a popular Soundtrack, Actor, Composer. He is from Clarkdale, Georgia, USA, and He is 81 years old as of 2020. Stevens was signed to Capitol Records at the age of 18 in 1957, where he produced the singles “Silver Bracelet” and a cover of “Rang Tang Ding Dong”.
- Ray is best known for composing soundtracks for movies like The Cannonball Run (1981), Mystery Science Theater 3000, Cannonball Run II (1984) & Plump Fiction (1997).
- Ray Stevens is a well-known member of the Soundtrack, Actor, Composer club at FamousFaceWiki. He is also listed as a popular celebrity having a zodiac sign of Aquarius.
- He published the hilarious “The Quarantine Song” in 2020, which gained millions of views online.
Ray Stevens Net Worth
What is Ray Stevens’ net worth?
- Stevens is a popular American singer, songwriter, and comedian best known for his novelty hits, such as The Streak, Gitarzan, Ahab the Arab, Mississippi Squirrel Revival, and Shriner’s Convention.
- With his Grammy-winning songs like Misty and Everything Is Beautiful, we can say that Ray Stevens is one of the best musicians. He has an estimated net worth of $10 million to $15 million as of 2020.
- Ray has bought a house worth $2.85 million in 2016. He makes the majority of his income through his profession as a singer, songwriter and comedian.
|Networth in 2019||$10 million – $15 million|
|Networth in 2020||$10 million – $15 million|
|Primary Income Source||Country Singer (profession)|
- Though Ray’s exact height and weight are not confirmed yet, he has an average body measurement. His zodiac sign is Aquarius.
- Ray Stevens is married to Penny Jackson. They have a daughter named Suzi Ragsdale, who is also a singer.
- Ray Stevens was born on January 24, 1939
- He is from Clarkdale, Georgia, USA.
- His net worth is $5 million.
- He is a well-known Soundtrack, Actor, Composer.
- Took piano lessons at the age of 7.
- The No. 1 novelty recording artist of the past 35 years.
View this post on Instagram