Jerry Krause was a great sportsperson. He was a sports scout, executive, and General Manager of the Chicago Bulls NBA team. Read more about him here.
Who is Jerry Krause?
Jerry Krause (Jerome Richard Krause) was an American sports scout and executive. He was also the general manager of the Chicago Bulls in the NBA (National Basketball Association) from 1985 to 2003.
On April 6, 1939, he was born in Illinois, Chicago, and passed away on March 21, 2017. He was aged 77. He was the recipient of the NBA Executive of the Year Award in 1988 and 1996. He belonged to a Jewish family.
Initially, he worked as a baseball scout for the Cleveland Indians, Oakland Athletics, Seattle Mariners, and Chicago White Sox. He was designated as the Chicago Bulls General Manager in the 1985 NBA season.
|Real Name||Jerome Richard Krause|
|Nick Name||Jerry Krause|
|Date of Birth||April 6, 1939|
|Date of Death||March 21, 2017|
|Cause of Death||Health Issues|
|Age||77 years old|
|Occupation||American sports scout and executive, general manager of the Chicago Bulls|
|Birthplace||Illinois, Chicago, U.S|
|Country||United States of America|
|Height||5 feet 6 inches
|Education||Taft High School
How did Jerry Krause attain success?
- Jerry Krause played baseball at his High School, and he had been interested in sports since his childhood. After completing college, he worked as a scout with the Baltimore Bullets.
- After a few years, he was a scout with the Phoenix Suns, Philadelphia 76ers, Los Angeles Lakers, and Chicago Bulls. He also worked with the Cleveland Indians, Oakland Athletics, Seattle Mariners, and Chicago White Sox. At the same time, he scouts for the Lakers as a part-time job.
- He became the General Manager of the Chicago Bulls in the 1985 NBA season. He fired head coach Kevin Loughery and hired Stan Albeck to replace him. He was the winner of the first of two NBA Executive of the Year Awards.
- Jerry Krause retired from the GM position with the Bulls on April 7, 2003.
- He then went back to playing baseball with the New York Yankees and the Mets. He also divided his time between the Chicago White Sox and Arizona Diamondbacks.
- After he died in 2003, he was posthumously inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2017.
What was the physical appearance of Jerry Krause?
- Jerry Krause is 5 feet 6 inches tall.
- He has short grey hair and his eyes are black.
- His zodiac sign is Aries.
- He was one of the most famous sportspersons in the U.S.
- Under his guidance, the Chicago Bulls achieved new highs in their career as a team.
What was the relationship status of Jerry Krause?
- Jerry Krause was married to Thelma Krause, and the couple has two children, David Krause and Stacy Cooper.
- What was the cause of Jerry Krause’s death?
- Sources reveal that Jerry Krause did not take much care of his health. This was the reason for him falling seriously ill. He was suffering from osteomyelitis. He died on March 21, 2017.
- Jerome Richard Krause was born on April 6, 1939, in Illinois, Chicago, in the U.S.
- He had been interested in sports since his childhood.
- He grew up playing baseball in High School.
- His zodiac sign was Aries.
- He was the General Manager of the Chicago Bulls.
- He followed Christianity.
- He was an American Sports Scout and Executive.
- He worked for the Chicago Bulls when Michael Jordan was the leader of the team.
- Jerry Krause won many awards for his excellent performance and even leading the Chicago Bulls to victory.
- He was posthumously inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2017.
- He hardly cared for his health.
- He was suffering from osteomyelitis.
- He died due to health issues on March 21, 2017.
- He is survived by his wife Thelma Krause and his two children, David Krause and Stacy Cooper.