Betty Wright was a famous R&B singer and songwriter hailing from the United States of America. She died on 10th May 2020 in her residence in Miami.
Who is Betty Wright?
Bessie Regina Norris, popularly known by Betty Wright, was a sensational American R&B and soul singer and songwriter. She started her professional career as a teenager and ruled the music industry for decades. She is celebrated for her masterpiece singles like Clean Up Woman; Tonight Is The Night. She had cancer, and the veteran singer breathed her last in her residence in Miami, Florida, on 10th May 2020.
|Birth Name||Bessie Regina Norris|
|Birth Date||December 21, 1953 (aged 66)|
|Birth Place||Miami, Florida, USA|
|Other Names||Betty Wright|
|Parent(s)||Rosa Akins Braddy-Wright, and McArthur Norris|
|Sibling(s)||Charles Wright, Milton Wright, Jeannette Wright, and Phillip Wright|
|High School||Archbishop Curley Notre Dame High School|
|Education||High School Graduate|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Producer|
|Genre||R&B, Soul, Funk|
|Death||May 10, 2020|
|Death place||Miami, Florida, USA|
|Children||Namphuyo Aisha McRae, Patrice Parker, Chaka Williams, and Asher Williams|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$5 million|
Why is Betty Wright famous?
- Betty started her career at the unbelieving age of two when she sang a song in her sibling’s gospel group, the Echoes of Joy. They first performed when she was just 11 years old. She started singing R&B in nearby functions with the name Betty Wright. In 1966, Betty signed a contract with the Deep City Records label, where she released her singles Thank You, Baby, and Paralyzed quickly after joining. In 1968, Betty released her first album, My First Time Around, including her first hit single, Girls Can’t Do What The Guys Do. In 1970, she released Pure Love. In 1971, Betty released her all-time best single Clean Up Woman, which ranked sixth in the Billboard Hot 100 and stayed there for 14 weeks. She released her next hit single, Babysitter, in 1972 and Let Me Be Your Lovemaker, in 1973.
- Betty’s Where Is the Love led her to win a Grammy Award. In 1990, she sang a duet Grayson Hugh How ‘Bout Us, becoming a hit. In 1994, she released her next album, B-Attitudes, and in 2001 brought The Very Best of Betty Wright album. She also produced songs. In 2005, she was nominated for producing Mind Body & Soul by Joss Stone. In 2010 she won a Grammy Award for Go. Betty Wright the movie was another hit album by her that also included Joss Stone. Her other hit single was proto-disco Shoorah! Shoorah!. Her popular albums include I Love The Way You Love, Best of, Betty Wright: The Movie, The Essentials: Betty Wright.
What was Betty Wright’s physical appearance?
- She was a famous R&B singer. She had curly black hair and black eyes. Her body measurements are not known yet. She was born on December 21, 1953, in Miami, Florida, USA. Her parents were Rosa Akins Braddy-Wright and McArthur Norris. She had four siblings. She attended Archbishop Curley Notre Dame High School.
Was Betty Wright Married?
- Betty married thrice in her lifetime. She was married to Jerome McCray from 1976 to 1981. She married Patrick Parker in 1982, but the couple lasted for one year only. Betty then married Noel Williams in 1985. Williams died in 2015. She had five children Namphuyo Aisha McRae, Patrick Parker Jr., Patrice Parker, Chaka Williams, and Asher Williams. Unfortunately, Patrick Parker Jr. was shot dead in 2005.
How did Betty Wright die?
- Betty Wright died of cancer in her own residence in Miami, Florida, on 10th May 2020.
What was Betty Wright’s net worth?
- She was a successful and wealthy singer. Her net worth was $5 million before her death.
- Betty Wright was an R&B singer.
- Her Where Is the Love led her to win a Grammy Award.
- She won a Grammy Award for Go in 2010.
View this post on Instagram