Val Demings is a distinguished Democratic party member and politician in the USA. She is the wife of the fifth Mayor of Orange County, Jerry Demings.
Who is Val Demings?
Valdez Venita Demings, distinctly recognized as Val Demings, is a prominent politician and one of the most influential women in the United States of America. She served as the Chief of the Orlando Police Department in 2007. The politician is the First Lady of Orange County and the U.S. Representative from Florida’s 10th congressional district. She represents the Democratic party, where she has been a member for over a decade. Politician supports the Affordable Care Act in the USA.
She also strongly opposes the gun policy and believes that the citizens should ignore weapons. Demings is a member of the New Democrat Coalition. Being a renowned political representative, the personality has gotten much attention from the media. She has appeared in PBS NewsHour, CNN Newsroom, Anderson Cooper 360°, etc. The politician is also prominent for her family relations.
She is the wife of Jerry Demings, who serves as the Mayor of Orange County. Demings is active on social media and possesses a good number of followers. She has 356.9 thousand followers on Twitter, 37 thousand followers on Facebook, 44.2 thousand followers on Instagram, and five hundred subscribers on Youtube. Many American media outlets included Demings in their list of most influential women in the country.
|Birth Name||Valdez Venita Butler|
|Birth Date||March 12, 1957 (Age 64)|
|Birth Place||Jacksonville, Florida, USA|
|Other Names||Val Demings, Val|
|Parent(s)||Elouise Butler and James Butler|
|High School||Wolfson High School|
|College||Florida State University, Webster University Orlando|
|Education||Master of Public Administration|
|Profession||Politician, social worker|
|Active Years||1983- Present|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Hair color||Light brown|
|Spouse(s)||Jerry Demings (1988- Present)|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$2 million|
What is Val Demings’ profession?
- Val Demings is a renowned politician in the USA. After completing her master’s, she worked as a social activist in Jacksonville. Demings was inclined towards orphans and intended to work for them. She applied for a job in Orlando Police Department in 2007 and served in the post till 2011. During her tenure as chief, Demings observed a downfall of severe crime at 40%. After retiring from the position, she joined the Democratic party.
- In 2012, the politician was a nominee for the United States House of Representatives in Florida’s 10th congressional district, but she lost. After two years, Demings showed her interest in fighting for the position of Mayor of Orange County, Florida. But later, she dropped it. The politician became a member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Florida’s 10th district. She expressed her nomination for the 2022 United States Senate election in June 2021.
When was Val Demings born?
Val Demings was born on March 12, 1957, in Jacksonville, Florida, USA. Her parents are Elouise Butler and James Butler. Demings attended Wolfson High School and graduated in science from Florida State University. She completed her Masters of Public Administration from Webster University Orlando. The politician is 5.8 feet tall and has a bodyweight of 62 kg.
What is Val Demings’s relationship status?
Val Demings has been married to Jerry Demings since 1988. The couple has three sons and five grandchildren.
What are the income sources of Val Demings?
Val Demings is a wealthy politician in the USA. Her net worth is $2 million.
- Val Demings is 5.8 feet tall.
- She was the chief of the Orlando Police Department.
- Demings has five grandchildren.
View this post on Instagram