Tookie Williams was a well-known criminal, gangster, and writer in the USA. He founded the Los Angeles-based criminal gang Crips alongside Raymond Washington.
Who is Tookie Williams?
Stanley Tookie Williams III is mainly recognized as Tookie Williams was one of the most notable gangsters in American history. He started a new era in the criminal activities in the country. Williams was convicted of several murders and robberies. He was sentenced to death and finally was executed on December 13, 2005. The gangster has been involved in crime since his school days, for which he could not complete his studies. He was put in a juvenile cell then, but no reformation was seen. William’s case got much attention from the common masses and the media.
A film was made to remember the personality and story with Stanley Tookie Williams: A Question of Justice, released in 2005. Williams was a well-known writer and penned down several books. Blue Rage, Black Redemption: A Memoir, Gangs, and Drugs, Gangs and Self-Esteem: Tookie Speaks Out Against Gang Violence, Gangs and the Abuse of Power, Gangs and Wanting to Belong, Gangs and Your Neighborhood, Life in Prison, etc. are the popular books by the criminal. He was nominated for the prestigious Nobel Peace Prize five times. Williams also got a nomination for the Nobel Prize for literature. He was nominated for NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work – Nonfiction.
|Birth Name||Stanley Tookie Williams III|
|Birth Date||December 29, 1953|
|Birth Place||New Orleans, Louisiana, USA|
|Other Names||Tookie Williams|
|Death Date||December 13, 2005 (Aged 51)|
|Death Place||San Quentin State Prison, San Quentin, California, USA|
|High School||George Washington Preparatory High School|
|College||Did not attend|
|Education||Expelled from high school|
|Active Years||The 1970s- 2005|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Relationship||Married before death|
|Spouse(s)||Bonnie Williams Taylor (1981)|
|Children||Travon Williams, Julian Alphonse Williams, Stanley Williams IV|
|Social Media Handles||N/A|
|Net worth||$2.1 Million|
What was Tookie Williams’ profession?
- Tookie Williams was a notable gangster in the USA. He had a depressing childhood which forced him to commit crimes. While attending high school, Williams was expelled from the school with fighting allegations. He was then put into juvenile detention. The criminal was also convicted of drug trafficking. In 1971, Williams found one of the most dangerous street gang alliances, Crips, alongside Raymond Washington.
- The gang was involved in several crimes. In 1981, Williams was convicted of four murders on different occasions and robbery. He was sentenced to death in the same year after all his crimes received evidence. While spending his trial, the criminal started writing literary pieces. In 1997, he released multiple books, including Gangs and Drugs, Gangs and the Abuse of Power, and Gangs and Violence. In the following year, the gangster published Life in Prison. His famous book Blue Rage, Black Redemption: A Memoir, was released in 2005.
How did Tookie Williams look?
He held an excellent physique with 5.10 feet height and 76 kg weight. He had black eyes and black hair. His birth name was Stanley Tookie Williams III.
When did Tookie Williams die?
He was executed with lethal injection in San Quentin State Prison, San Quentin, California, the USA, on December 13, 2005.
Who was Tookie Williams’ wife?
He married Bonnie Williams Taylor in 1981. They stayed married till his death and had three children- Travon Williams, Julian Alphonse Williams, and Stanley Williams IV.
How much did Tookie Williams earn?
His net worth was $2.1 Million before his death.
- Tookie Williams was born on December 29, 1953.
- His birth sign was Capricorn.
- Williams was convicted of first-degree murder.