Who is Tommy Hilfiger?
If you are into fashion, then it is not unknown to you who Tommy Hilfiger is. He is a widely recognized American fashion designer acknowledged because of his lifestyle brand, which he established in the year 1985. He laid the foundation of his career by being co-opted in the record stores chains in Upstate in New York in 1970.
On March 24, 1951, Tommy was born as Thomas Jacob Hilfiger in Elmira, New York, to jeweller Richard and nurse Virginia. He was the second born of nine children and was raised a Catholic. He was educated at the Elmira Free Academy in New York. He later went on to attend the GST BOCES Bush Campus. Even as a teenager, he exhibited creative talent – he would buy jeans, remodel them and sell them.
|Name||Thomas Jacob Hilfiger|
|Born||24 March 1951 (69 years old)|
Founder of Tommy Hilfiger Corporation
|Country||Elmira, New York, United States|
|Height||5 feet 4inches|
|Spouse||Dee Ocleppo (2008), Susie Hilfiger (1980–2000)|
|Children||Ally Hilfiger, Kathleen Hilfiger, Richard Hilfiger, Sebastian Thomas Hilfiger, Elizabeth Hilfiger,|
|Net Worth||$450 million|
What is Tommy Hilfiger famous for?
- 2nd March is the date Tommy Hilfiger celebrates his birthday every year. He was born in the year 1951. He is the dear son of Virginia and Richard. His parents were followers of the catholic faith and were a part of the working-class section.
- In 1976 he met Susie Carona, and the two were madly in love with each other. The two tied the knot in the year 1980, spent some beautiful married life, and had four children together.
- Tommy started working in a clothing store in the year 1969 at Cape Cod during the summer. He even went to the edge of exploiting his life to establish his clothing store with 150$ along with his two friends. The supplies that Hilfiger would take up for the clothing store didn’t naturally please him, and then he decided to start designing his own clothing. He succeeded in it so well that the store thrived for seven years before he went bankrupt. That is when he realized an intersection between the commerce and fashion industry.
- In 1984, Hilfiger was approached by Indian entrepreneur Mohan Murjani, who was looking for a designer to head a men’s sportswear line. Murjani allowed Hilfiger to design the label under his own name, sealing the deal.
- Learn about the famous woman Entrepreneur Dorinda Medley.
What is the height and weight of Tommy Hilfiger?
- Tommy Hilfiger celebrates his birthday every year on 24th March. He is a `1951 born. Currently, his age is 69 years. Although he weighs 70 kg, his weight is quite moderate according to his height which is 1.68m.
Who is the wife of Tommy Hilfiger?
- Tommy Hilfiger came into a relationship with Susie Carona in 1976, and they both got married in the year 1980. However, the marriage lasted only for 20 years. They had four children together. Tommy married his second wife, Dee Ocleppo Hilfiger, in 2009 and had a son with her.
What is the Net worth of Tommy Hilfiger?
- The present approximate net worth of Tommy Hilfiger is around $450 million as of 2021. He is one of the most famous fashion designers and earns his money from his brand. The store’s original name that Tommy Hilfiger established went by the name of The People’s face.
- He was also awarded the Designer of the Year Award in 1998 by Thomas school of design.
- Hilfiger started his company with a mere 150$.
People Also Search For Corey Gamble and ClarenceNYC