Telma Hopkins is an actress and singer. She is originally from the United States and has been a member of the pop band Tony Orlando and Dawn in the 1970s
Who is Telma Hopkins?
Telma Louise Hopkins is a prominent American actress and has also been a famous singer. Her contribution in acting and singing is incomparable as the artist has ruled the charts for a few decades. Hopkins started her career in music first. She was a vocal artist in the 1970s’ celebrated pop group Tony Orlando and Dawn. With the other two members of the group Tony Orlando and Joyce Vincent, Telma has given all-time hits like Candida, Knock Three Times, Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree, Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose, and He Doesn’t Love You (Like I Love You).
There was also a TV series titled Tony Orlando and Dawn, which was made to tribute to the pop group. Gradually, Telma made several appearances in the TV and film industry too. Her notable TV series and films are Family Matters, Any Day Now, Gimme a Break!, Bosom Buddies, The Kid with the Broken Halo, Pulse Pounders, Vital Signs, Down to Earth, etc. Hopkins was cast in the role of Denise Tolliver on The Young and the Restless in May 2021, reuniting with Family Matters co-star Bryton James.
|Birth Name||Telma Louise Hopkins|
|Birth Date||October 28, 1948 (Age 72)|
|Birth Place||Louisville, Kentucky, USA|
|Other Names||Telma Hopkins|
|High School||Highland Park Community High School|
|College||Did not Attend|
|Education||High School Graduate|
|Active Years||1967- Present|
|Country||United States of America|
|Height||5 feet 6 inches|
|Spouse(s)||Donald B. Allen (1970-1977)|
|Social Media Handles||Instagram|
|Net worth||$3 million|
Why is Telma Hopkins famous?
- Telma Hopkins is a notable actress and singer in the USA. Hopkins was a fine singer before making her debut in the acting industry. The singer has been a background singer for many noted 1960s and 70s, such as Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Wilson Pickett, Isaac Hayes, Dionne Warwick, and The Four Tops.
- Telma was a known background singer in Detroit in the state of Michigan. The singer was also a part of Isaac Hayes’ hit song Theme from Shaft. These small cameos in the hit songs allowed Hopkins to be a part of Dawn’s pop vocal group by Tony Orlando. Which later became Tony Orlando and Dawn. For years, the group ruled the record charts with hit albums such as Candida in 1970, Tie a Yellow Ribbon in 1973, To Be With You in 1976, House Of Strangers in 1993, and Christmas Reunion in 2005. Telma made her debut in television with the 1979 ABC series Roots: The Next Generations. In the same year, the actress got a chance to appear in the sitcom A New Kind of Family. Telma acted in the sitcom Bosom Buddies in 1980. These appearances led the actress to feature in the 1983 NBC sitcom Gimme a Break!.
- The artist left a mark in the acting industry with these roles, which ultimately gave Telma one of her most famous roles, Rachel Crawford in Family Matters. The actress has also played a few supporting roles and cameos in films such as Trancers in 1984 and its sequels, Vital Signs in 1990, The Wood in 1999, The Love Guru in 2008, Running out of Time in 2018.
Is Telma Hopkins educated?
- Telma Hopkins is a high school graduate and has attended Highland Park Community High School in Michigan. Telma is a 72 years old actress and singer born in Louisville, Kentucky, the USA, on October 28, 1948. Her parents’ identity is not known yet, but her sister’s name is Teresa Hopkins. The actress is 5.6 feet tall and weighs around 64 kg. Hopkins has black eyes and brown hair.
Is Telma Hopkins married?
- Telma Hopkins married Donald B. Allen in 1970, but unfortunately, the couple separated in 1977. They have a son whose identity is not revealed. Telma is divorced and single at present.
What is Telma Hopkins’ net worth?
- Telma Hopkins is a successful singer and actress. Her net worth is $3 million.
- Telma Hopkins is 72 years old.
- Her birth sign is Scorpio.
- Hopkins married Donald B. Allen in 1970.
View this post on Instagram