Who is Tamar Braxton?
Tamar Estine Braxton is an American television personality and a singer. She was born on 17th March 1977 in Severn, Mayland, US.
Tamar and her sisters started pursuing their musical career together in a girl group named The Braxtons. Although the group did not do well initially and her elder sister Toni Braxton left the group for her solo career, the trio of Tamar, Towanda, and Trina did amazingly well with their new album So Many Ways in 1996. But again, a year later, the trio split too after Tamar left the group for her solo career.
Passionate about her craft from a young age, she began singing backup vocals for her sister at 12. She dreamed of pursuing a singing career when she grew up.
Tamar Estine Braxton was born in Severn, Maryland, to Michael and Evelyn Braxton. The youngest of the Braxtons’ six children, Tamar started singing as a toddler. Evelyn, an amateur opera singer, recognized her children’s talents when one day, Tamar sang, “Somebody gives me some toilet paper!” and her sisters all joined in harmony.
|Name||Tamar Estine Braxton|
|Born||March 17, 1977|
|Profession||Television Personality, Singer|
|Country||Severn, Mayland, US|
5 ft 7 in
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
(She often Dyes her hair)
|Father||Michael Conrad Braxton|
|Spouse||Darrell “Delite” Allamby (2001-2003)|
Vincent Herbert (2008-2019)
|Children||Logan Vincent Herbert|
- Tamar had to face a lot of trouble while making her solo musical career in the 2000s. She released her albums like Ridiculous and many singles like Just Cuz, Get none, and If You Don’t want to Love Me. Sadly, the tracks and the albums did not do well, and she was dropped from her labels.
- In 2010 Braxton started her career in television with the show Braxton Family Values. In 2012 September, Tamar, with her second husband, Vincent, started in Vincent & Tamar, her TV reality show. The show was about the couple’s married life and Tamar’s solo career in music.
- Braxton also hosted and co-hosted several TV shows like Tiny Tonight, The Culturalist, and the Real. Her first commercial musical success was with the title track of her album Love and War in 2012. The album’s other single was The One which was also a hit. The album sold almost 114,000 copies in the US. Winter Loversland was Tamar’s first Christmas album. The album also did well with the sale of 8,000 copies in the first week.
- Tamar Braxton had come up as a contestant in a TV series Dancing with the Stars and won Big Brother, a TV reality game.
What keeps Tamar Braxton fit?
- Although the 43-year-old is not completely addicted to gyming still, she has sometimes been seen talking about her fitness and sharing her workout routine on social media.
- She was passionate about music from an early age and started singing when she was a child. She and her siblings used to sing in the church choir.She did not finish high school.
- In her career, she was said to have suffered from several health issues and depression and anxiety.
- Also, read about CallMeCarson.
- Tamar Braxton married Darrell “Delite” Allamby in 2001 but divorced each other in 2003.
- She then married Vincent Herbert in 2008. They together had a son named Logan Vincent Herbert. The couple also divorced each other in 2019.
- Braxton had also dated David Adefeso, a financial adviser.
- Tamar Braxton’s net worth is estimated to be $3 Million.
- Tamar Braxton, in 2014 had launched her shoe and clothing line called Tamar Collection.
- She was hospitalized due to her suicide attempt on 16th July 2020.
- Braxton has also been cast in the sequel to True To The Game, which will be released in 2020.