Sky Brown is an Anglo-Japanese Skateboarder who is known as the youngest skateboarder in the world. Moreover, she is the winner of the American TV show “Dancing with the Stars: Juniors“—Discover Sky Brown’s age, height, weight, relationships, career, net worth, and more.
So, let’s get started: Sky Brown, who broke the record of being the youngest Olympian skateboarder, was born in Japan, Miyazaki, on the 12th of July, 2008. At the age of eight, Sky Brown became the youngest skateboarder to participate in the Vans US Open Pro Series in 2016. She has a younger brother named Ocean, who is also turning heads with his skills on the skateboard. Sky Brown appeared in the American children’s dance competition television series ‘Dancing with the Stars: Juniors’ in 2018. She was mentored by Alan Bersten and went on to win the series.
She has a younger brother named Ocean, who is also crazy about skateboarding, just like her! She is a huge fan of the singers Nicki Minaj and Sia and likes to listen to their music while practising. She wants girls worldwide to take up different kinds of sports and hopes to inspire others to take up skateboarding.
Sky Brown’s Quick Biography
|Date of Birth:||July 12, 2008|
|Age:||11 years old.|
|Birthplace:||Takanabe, Miyazaki, Japan|
|Hair Color:||Light Brown|
|Eye Color:||Light Brown|
|Weight:||37 kg or 81.5 lbs|
|Height:||4 ft 6 in or 137 cm|
- Sky Brown was born in Takanabe, Miyazaki, Japan, on July 12, 2008, to a British father and Japanese mother.
- Her father moved to Japan from The United States. Currently, she spends a half year in the USA and the other half in her hometown Takanabe, Miyazaki.
- She also has a younger brother Ocean Brown.
- According to Wikipedia, her hometown doesn’t have a skate park, so she has got a skating ramp in her garden. Besides skateboarding, Brown is interested in surfing. She even wakes up at 5 am every day to go surfing.
- She started trying her feet on the skateboard as soon as she got hold of one. Inherently talented in the sport, she didn’t take long to learn it properly. She then started trying different tricks on it and kept getting better with time. Besides her father, a few other female skateboarders like Leticia Bufoni and Alana Smith inspired her as a kid.
- Brown started her skateboarding career from an early age. Surprisingly, she is a self-taught skateboarder as she learns all the skateboarding tricks by watching tutorials on Youtube.
- She never had a coach to teach her the skills. However, she sometimes practices with Shaun White, who is a three-time Olympic gold medalist.
- Brown participated in the Vans US Open at the age of 8 in 2016. She is the youngest member to join the event.
- She ranked 2nd in Asian Continental Finals in 2017.
- Sky ranked in the top ten in the 2018 Vans Park Series.
- In the same year, 2o18, she won the US TV show Dancing with the Stars: Juniors.
- Brown is the youngest athlete to get sponsored by Nike.
- Sky Brown Height and Weight: She is 4 ft 6 in and weighs approximately 37 kg. Brown has light brown coloured hair and eyes. Her zodiac sign is Cancer, and she is 11 years old.
How much is Sky Brown worth?
- Brown is young, and her career has just started. However, she is one of the youngest professional skateboarders globally and has been sponsored by various big brands, including Nike. She has an estimated net worth of around $100k.
- Sky’s Japanese name is Sumikai.
- She has 509k followers on her Instagram account.
View this post on Instagram