Being nominated five times in Grammy Awards, Schoolboy Q has yet not received the award? Know about his Career, Net Worth, and More about his life.
Who is Schoolboy Q?
A well-known Songwriter and a Rapper (Quincy Matthew Hanley) is a renowned name by his stage alias Schoolboy Q.Hanley got his breakthrough from the album “Oxymoron,” which was released in 2014 under the Interscope Records Label. During his school days, he was a footballer and was a cornerback receiver in American football and played till 21 years old. Schoolboy Q has been nominated five times in the Grammy Awards in 2014, 2015, and 2017 consecutively and won BMI R&B/Hip-Hop Awards two times in 2014 and 2015.
|Birth Name||Quincy Matthew Hanley|
|Born||26 October 1986 (age 34 years)|
|Country||South Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Height||5′feet 6″ inch (170 cm)|
|School||John Muir Middle School, Crenshaw High School|
|College||Glendale Community College, Los Angeles Southwest College, Los Angeles City College, West Los Angeles College|
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
|Profile||Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook|
What is the reason behind the Success Story of Schoolboy Q?
- At the age of 21, Ѕсhооlbоу Q ѕtаrtеd hіѕ career in the field of rapping. In 2006, there he collaborated with artists like Јау Rock, Black Hippy, Аb-Ѕоul and they all worked under the Carson-based independent record label called Top Dawg Entertainment (TDE). In 2008, Quincy released his mixtape Titled “Gаngѕtа & Ѕоuwаѕ” after the contract was signed under е Тор Dаwg Еntеrtаіnmеnt.In 2011, he released his first independent album “Ѕеtbасkѕ” on the platform called iTunes. In its very first week of release, 1000 digital copies were already sold out. This was listed on number 100 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- His second album “Наbіtѕ and Соntrаdісtіоnѕ” was released in 2012 which was also sold to digital platforms only, and it peaked at the number 111 on the US Billboard Chart.
- In late 2011 he signed to Interscope Records and started working instantly for his debut studio album titled “Oxymoron,” released in 2014. This came to be a super-duper hit and was a breakthrough in Ѕсhооlbоу Q’s career as it debuted with the number 1 position in the US Billboard chart. Hanley has worked with famous artists like Miguel, Snoop Dog, and Kendrick Lamar. Five times Hanley has been nominated for Grammy awards for the songs Five times Hanley has been nominated for Grammy Awards for the songs “The Heist,” “Studio,” “Oxymoron,” “Blank Face LP,” and “That Part.”
- In 2014 and 2015, Hanley has won BMI R&B/Hip-Hop Awards for the category Most Performed R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for the songs “White Walls” (with Macklemore) ” and Studio”(featuring BJ the Chicago Kid)and “2 On”( with Tinashe), respectively. His song “Studio” is still the best of all his albums where he performed a lead.
What is the physical appearance of Schoolboy Q?
- Schoolboy Q has a significant 5 feet 6 inches of height, and he has around 86 kg body weight. His style is considered with his hat.
- His mother got divorced when Hanley was born, so they (his mother and Hanley) had to shift to many places and lastly settled in South Central Los Angeles, on 51st Street, neighboring Figueroa and Hoover Street. Coming from Hoover street, he joined the 52 Hoover Gangster Crips. Before starting his musical joi=urney, Hanley was a drug dealer and used to sell cocaine, marijuana. For home invasion, Hanley was sent to prison for six months in 2007.
What is the relationship status of Schoolboy Q?
- Schoolboy Q never revealed his love life or his wife’s details. However, he has two daughters. The 1st one’s name is Joyce and the second one’s name is yet not revealed. Joyce has also been involved in the significant -debut album “Oxymoron.”
What is the Net Worth of Schoolboy Q?
- His estimated net worth of the year (2021) was near-about $5 million. He does pretty well earning by his music videos, concerts, tours, and collaborations.
- His birthday is on the 26th of October.
- Schoolboy Q is 34 years old.
- Hanley used to play football from the age of six, and he played as a returner, tailback, receiver, and cornerback.
- His mother gave him a different kind of surname, which was chosen on a random basis.
- His father was in the army, and after the divorce, his father remained in the Army only.