Rodney Jerkins is a distinguished record producer, rapper, R&B singer, and songwriter in the USA. He is the founder of the online music portal Music Mogul, Inc.
Who is Rodney Jerkins?
Rodney Roy Jerkins, a prominent American record producer, rapper, R&B singer, and songwriter, professionally known as Darkchild. He has produced music of notable artists like Jennifer Lopez, Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Destiny’s Child, Beyoncé, Ciara, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, The Black Eyed Peas, Sam Smith, and others. Jerkins is also a notable rapper and made guest appearances in songs like Head Nod, Something About You; I Can’t-Wait, What You Do to Me, We Are Family, When I Grow Up, Revolution, etc. He has made cameos in famous artists’ videos, including Gina Thompson, No Authority, Brandy, Shareefa, Monica, and J. Holiday. Jerkins’ albums as a lead artist are Active 2.0: The Darkchild Workout, Versatility, Rags, and On My Way.
For his immense contribution to the music industry, the record producer has received many recognitions in his career. In 1999, he was nominated for four Grammy Awards in Best R&B Album, Record of the Year, Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical, and Best Rhythm & Blues Song. But he could not win one. Jerkins received a Grammy Award in 2001 for the song Say My Name. He again won the award in 2015 for Record of the Year, Hard Place. The musician was nominated for the song in 2021 for Come Together alongside Jazz Nixon, Lecrae, and Lashawn Daniels.
|Birth Name||Rodney Roy Jerkins|
|Birth Date||29 July 1977 (Age 44)|
|Birth Place||Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA|
|Parent(s)||Sylvia Jerkins, Frederick Jerkins|
|Sibling(s)||Fred Jerkins III|
|High School||Absegami High School|
|College||Did not attend|
|Education||High school graduate|
|Profession||Record producer, rapper, R&B singer, and songwriter|
|Children||Heavenly Joy, Hannah Joy, Rodney David Jerkins III, Royal David Jerkins|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$30 million|
What is Rodney Jerkins’ profession?
- Rodney Jerkins is a celebrated record producer and singer in the USA. Being a pastor’s son offered him the chance to play musical instruments early in the church. He learned piano while only five. Since then, Jerkins was never away from music. He received many offers from the noted record studios in his teenage years, but he declined all of them. The producer’s first song, On the Move, was a gospel rap that he made alongside his brother. He changed his name to Darkchild and began his professional career in music. Jerkins signed his first deal with the EMI Music Corporation.
- In an interview, the musician expressed that his initial career was marked by producing J. Blige’s Share My World, Whitney Houston’s It’s Not Right, but It’s Okay, and Monica’s The Boy Is Mine. Among all the notable artists with whom he has worked, Michael Jackson was the most remarkable one. Jerkins produced Jackson’s Xscape that was released after his death. He has also served as a mentor of the music reality show American Idol in 2010. The record producer created the online music platform Music Mogul, Inc. and Nicholas Longano, Ray Brown, and Jonathan E. Eubanks.
Who are Rodney Jerkins’ parents?
Rodney Jerkins’ parents are Sylvia Jerkins and Frederick Jerkins. He was born on 29 July 1977 in Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA.
What is Rodney Jerkins’ sexual orientation?
Rodney Jerkins is straight and has been married to Joy Enriquez since 2004. The couple is blessed with four kids.
Is Rodney Jerkins rich?
Rodney Jerkins is a wealthy person with a net worth of $30 million.
- Rodney Jerkins is 44 years old.
- He is married to Joy Enriquez.
- Darkchild is his stage name.
View this post on Instagram