Rodney Howard-Browne is a South African-born American evangelist and conspiracy theorist. He is the pastor of The River Church in Tampa Bay.
Who is Rodney Howard-Browne?
Rodney Morgan Howard-Browne was born on June 12, 1961, and he is the head of Revival Ministries International, a group he and his wife founded in 1997.
They were three brothers raised in Port Elizabeth and East London, South Africa. After his marriage, the family shifted to the United States.
|Birth Name||Rodney Morgan Howard-Browne|
|Birth Date||June 12, 1961|
|Birth Place||Port Elizabeth, South Africa|
|Parents(s)||Frank Mervyn Derric Howard-Browne|
|Profession||evangelist and conspiracy theorist|
|Country||United States of America|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net Worth||$1 – $5 Million|
What are the career highlights of Rodney Howard-Browne?
- Rodney founded a church named “The River” at Tampa Bay Church in Tampa, Florida, serving as its pastor ever since. Howard-Browne first came to national prominence in the US in 1999 when his Revival Ministries organization rented Madison Square Garden in New York City. Howard-Browne’s River Church had hosted political meetings for the Florida chapter of the Republican Party during the preceding two years, including a rally for then-presidential candidate Newt Gingrich.
- Howard-Browne is credited with introducing holy laughter to Carpenter’s Home Church in Lakeland, Florida, during a series of revival services with Karl Strader in 1993. Later, the sacred laughter revivals spread to Melbourne, Titusville, Stuart, and Vero Beach, Florida. Howard-Browne is credited with bringing holy laughter to the charismatic Toronto Airport Vineyard Church (soon after expelled by its parent Vineyard Church) at a 1994 revival in Toronto, Canada, with evangelist Randy Clark, known as the “Toronto Blessing,” and then a year later, to Assemblies of God (AOG) Brownsville Church in Pensacola, Florida with evangelist Steve Hill.
- Howard-Browne first came to national prominence in the US in 1999 when his Revival Ministries organization rented Madison Square Garden in New York City for six weeks. The event, called Good News, New York, was described as “an effort to achieve a Billy Graham-style faith uprising” but was “derided in local media as a giant flop.” It was estimated to cost up to $10 million, but only 3,000 people were counted in attendance at the 19,000-seat arena.
- Investigative journalists in his hometown of Tampa reported at the time that since arriving from South Africa almost penniless in December 1989, his sudden wealth included a boat, a Harley Davidson motorcycle, a home in one of Tampa’s exclusive gated communities, and access to a private jet; however, they were unable to find evidence of financial wrongdoing.
- In 2012, it was reported that Howard-Browne’s River Church had hosted political meetings for the Florida chapter of the Republican Party during the preceding two years, including a rally for then-presidential candidate Newt Gingrich, at which Howard-Browne called for a national “rising” of Christian Americans “that will not sit idly by and allow the killing of unborn babies and allow Islam to take over this country.”
How does Rodney Howard-Browne look?
Rodney is an American of South African white origin, his details on appearance are not available.
What is the relationship status of Rodney Howard Browne?
He married Adonica Howard-Browne in 1981 and had a daughter Kelly who died of cystic fibrosis on Christmas Day 2002.
What is the net worth of Rodney Howard Browne?
Rodney has a net worth of $1-5 Million.
- Rodney Howard-Browne is a South African-born American evangelist and conspiracy theorist. He is the pastor of The River Church in Tampa Bay.
- Rodney has a net worth of $1-5 Million.
View this post on Instagram