Who is Rob Halford?
One of the most renowned songwriters as well as an English singer is Robert Halford. He is most renowned as the lead vocalist for the heavy metal band called Judas Priest, which has won Grammy awards. He is a remarkable singer, and his voice has a great impact on the music industry.
Born on August 25, 1951, in Birmingham, England, Halford began singing as a teenager, fronting a local rock band, Hiroshima, and working as a theatrical lighting engineer. His black-leather outfits gave the genre its trademark look, his pitch-perfect vocals gave it some drama, and his penchant for riding motorcycles onstage gave it some larger-than-life flair.
He recalls several occasions where he would sing anthems like “Breaking the Law” and “Living After Midnight” to 10s of thousands of screaming “headbanging metal maniacs,” only to struggle backstage with denying his true self by hiding his sexuality. His language is vivid and personal — often lapsing into a working-class British dialect he calls “yam-yam” — and his tale is compelling.
|Name||Rob Halford (Robert John Arthur Halford)|
|Born||25 August 1951 (69 years old)|
|Country||The Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Net Worth||$35 Million|
What is Rob Halford famous for?
- Sutton Coldfield is the birthplace of Rob Halford. However, Walsall is the place where he was brought up. He has been a part of several bands such as the Thark and Hiroshima, Athens Wood and Abraxas.
- Rob was a cinema manager before he joined bands. He then met the co-founder of Judas Priest, Ian Hill, who was then dating Rob’s sister. He even convinced his former band member John Hinch from the band Hiroshima to join them. The first song they ever created as a band was called Rocka fella and later released an album with the same name.
- Some of the most famous albums are Sin After Sin, Killing machine and Sad Wings of Destiny. The band then went to launch British Steel in the year 1980. They made world tours for Painkiller, and he even rode Harley-Davidson during one of the shows in Toronto. He dashed into the drummer and fell off the vehicle, only to hurt his nose. But this guy did not give up.
- After recovering and gaining his consciousness, he returned to the stage to complete his performance during the concert. He resigned from his band Judas Priest after dedicating 20 years of his life in 1992 and came back after a decade.
- Read about another famous musician Bryan Adams and his contributions to the music industry.
- Rob Halford is the Greatest Heavy Metal Vocalist that ever lived. There must be something crazy going on in this dude’s throat for him to be able to scream the way he does. It is a physical aberration that sounds like nothing else any of us have ever heard from a human being ever in history before.
What is the height and weight of Rob Halford?
- Rob Halford will turn 70 years old on 25th august 2021. He is very tall and has a good height of 1.8m. He is overweight, and his weight is around 78 kg.
Who is the wife of Rob Halford?
- There is no concrete information about the love life of Rob Halford and his wife. He is said to have no children and often keeps his love life away from the limelight.
Rob Halford Net Worth
What is the Net worth of Rob Halford?
- The current net worth of Rob Halford is approximately around 35 million USD. He has accumulated this wealth with his singing career and working as the lead vocalist and songwriter for Judas Priest. He has released several albums that have helped him receive fame across the globe.
- He was the co-founder of the band Judas Priest.
- He earlier worked as a Cinema Manager and has worked with several bands.
- He is renowned for two concert albums as well as for recording 12 studio.
- He is one of the most famous singers in the heavy metal genre.
View this post on Instagram