Radhika Apte is an Indian film and stage actress. She was born on 7 September 1985 in Pune, Maharashtra. Apte began her acting career in theatre, working with the theatre troupe Aasakta in her home town, before venturing into films. She made her feature film debut with a brief role in the Hindi fantasy Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi! (2005). Before endeavouring into films, she began with theatre.
Radhika Apte is a perfect example of beauty with brains. Apte is an Economics and Mathematics graduate from Fergusson College, Pune. During her growing up days in Pune, she learned Kathak from the exponent Rohini Bhate for eight years. During this time, Radhika Apte was involved in theatre avidly and decided to go to Mumbai to try luck on the silver screen.
Radhika Apte’s first starring role was in the 2009 Bengali social drama Antaheen. She made her Marathi film debut in 2009 with the tragic romance Samaantar. Her Bollywood breakthrough came in 2015, following acclaimed performances in the thriller Badlapur and the comedy Hunterrr, Manjhi – The Mountain Man—and received wide appreciation for the psychological thriller Phobia (2016. She later starred in two blockbuster films, the Marathi thriller Lai Bhaari (2014) and the Tamil gangster drama Kabali (2016).
She was seen in a film with Akshay Kumar titled Padman. She was then spotted in the Netflix series sacred games and Lust Stories. Her role in Andhadhun opposite Ayushman Khurana and Tabbu was also appreciated. She also worked with Saif Ali Khan in Bazaar. The actress has also tried her hands in Hollywood movies like A call to Spy and Line of Descent. In 2020 she was seen in small screen movies titled Raat akeli Hai opposite Nawaz.
Radhika Apte’s Basic Personal Info
|Born||7th September 1985|
|Profession||Actress, Stage performer|
|Country||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Father||Dr Charu Apte|
|Net Worth||4 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Hindi- Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi (2005)|
Bengali- Antaheen (2009)
Marathi- Samaantar (2009)
Tamil/Telugu- Dhoni (2012)
|Debut TV||Stories by Rabindranath Tagore (2015)|
|Salary||1 crore/per film (INR)|
|College||Fergusson College, Pune|
|Father||Charudutt Apte (Doctor)|
|Spouse Name||Benedict Taylor (Musician)|
|Boyfriend Dated||Tusshar Kapoor (Actor)|
Benedict Taylor (Musician)
|– in cms||160 cm|
|-in meters||1.6 m|
|-in feet inches|
|-in KG||57 kg|
|-in Pounds||126 lbs|
|– Waist||28 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||34 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Favourite Food||Chicken Biryani, Caramel Custard|
|Favourite Film||The Bridges of Madison County, Masaan|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Leonard DiCaprio|
|Favourite Actress||Aishwarya Rai Bachchan|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Hobbies||Dancing, Doing Theatre|
View this post on Instagram
- Myntra, Sitara Gold Plus, Asian Paints.
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- Radhika’s shower selfie got leaked into the online forums and was widely circulated on WhatsApp.
- She made a bold statement which she made against the Telugu film industry. She revealed how the Telugu industry was still patriarchal and male chauvinist and wished to discontinue working there.
- A video clip from Anurag Kashyap’s short film, which went insanely viral on WhatsApp, featured Radhika lifting her skirt to reveal her nether. Anurag filed a complaint about it to the Cyber Crime Branch of the Mumbai Police.
- Her favourite subject was math in schooldays. Her grandmother, Madhuri Apte, a mathematician and a PhD from France, taught her math.
- She started doing theatres at the age of 13; her first play was ‘Nako Re Baba’ (2003)
- In her first Bollywood debut film ‘Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi’, she played Shahid Kapoor’s sister role.
- She loves doing grey roles rather than glamour roles.
- She lives in Mumbai, and her husband lives in London. Though, they visit each other frequently.
- In 2014, 9 films of Apte in different languages were released. Most of them gained her critical praises.
- She is a trained Kathak Dancer. Apte trained under Kathak exponent Rohini Bhate for eight years.
- She is a pet lover. She has a dog named Loo.
- She loves Tom and Jerry cartoons.
- Once Nawazuddin Siddiqui revealed that he had a secret crush on her.
- Radhika was trolled for wearing a bikini in her latest post on Instagram.
- Radhika has been very vocal about male privileges and the casting couch in Tollywood and Bollywood.
- 2016: Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles Award for Best Actress- Parched
- 2016: FOI Online Awards – Special Mention (Actress)- Parched
- 2017: Tribeca Film Festival Award for Best Actress- Madly
- 2017: FOI Online Awards – Special Mention (Actress)- Phobia
|Address||A flat in Versova, Mumbai|
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile