Radhika Apte is an Indian film and stage actress. She was born on 7 September 1985 in Pune, Maharashtra. Apte began her acting career in theatre, working with the theatre troupe Aasakta in her home town, before venturing into films. She made her feature film debut with a brief role in the Hindi fantasy Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi! (2005).
Radhika Apte’s first starring role was in the 2009 Bengali social drama Antaheen. She made her Marathi film debut in 2009 with the tragic romance Samaantar. Her Bollywood breakthrough came in 2015, following acclaimed performances in the thriller Badlapur and the comedy Hunterrr, Manjhi – The Mountain Man—and received wide appreciation for the psychological thriller Phobia (2016. She later went on to star in two of the blockbuster films, the Marathi thriller Lai Bhaari (2014) and the Tamil gangster drama Kabali (2016).
She was seen in a film with Akshay Kumar titled Padman. She was then spotted in Netflix series sacred games and Lust Stories. Her role in Andhadhun opposite Ayushman Khurana and Tabbu was also appreciated. She also worked with Saif ali Khan in Bazaar.The actress has also tried hands in Hollywood movies like A call to Spy and Line of Descent. In 2020 she was seen in small screen movies titled Raat akeli Hai opposite of Nawaz.
Radhika Apte’s Basic Personal Info
|Born||7th September 1985|
|Profession||Actress, Stage performer|
|Country||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Father||Dr. Charu Apte|
|Net Worth||4 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Hindi- Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi (2005)|
Bengali- Antaheen (2009)
Marathi- Samaantar (2009)
Tamil/Telugu- Dhoni (2012)
|Debut TV||Stories by Rabindranath Tagore (2015)|
|Salary||1 crores/per film (INR)|
|College||Fergusson College, Pune|
|Father||Charudutt Apte (Doctor)|
|Spouse Name||Benedict Taylor (Musician)|
|Boyfriend Dated||Tusshar Kapoor (Actor)|
Benedict Taylor (Musician)
|– in cms||160 cm|
|-in meters||1.6 m|
|-in feet inches|
|-in KG||57 kg|
|-in Pounds||126 lbs|
|– Waist||28 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||34 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Favorite Food||Chicken Biryani, Caramel Custard|
|Favorite Film||The Bridges of Madison County, Masaan|
|Favorite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Leonard DiCaprio|
|Favorite Actress||Aishwarya Rai Bachchan|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Hobbies||Dancing, Doing Theatre|
View this post on Instagram
Myntra, Sitara Gold Plus, Asian Paints
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- Radhika’s shower selfie got leaked into the online forums and were widely circulated on WhatsApp.
- She made a bold statement which she made against the Telugu film industry. She revealed how the Telugu industry was still patriarchal and male chauvinist, and that she wishes to discontinue working there.
- A video clip from Anurag Kashyap’s short film which went insanely viral on WhatsApp, featured Radhika lifting her skirt to reveal her nether. Anurag filed a complaint about it to the Cyber Crime Branch of the Mumbai Police.
- Her favorite subject was math in schooldays. Her grandmother, Madhuri Apte, who was a mathematician and a Ph.D. from France, taught her math.
- She started doing theaters at the age of 13, her first play was ‘Nako Re Baba’ (2003)
- In her first Bollywood debut film ‘Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi’, she played Shahid Kapoor’s sister role.
- She loves doing gray roles rather than glamour roles.
- She lives in Mumbai and her husband lives in London. Though, they visit each other frequently.
- In 2014, 9 films of Apte in different languages released. Most of them gained her critical praises.
- She is trained Kathak Dancer. Apte trained under Kathak exponent Rohini Bhate for eight years.
- She is pet lover. She has a dog named Loo.
- She loves Tom and Jerry cartoon.
- Once Nawazuddin Siddiqui revealed that he had a secret crush on her.
- Radhika was trolled for wearing bikini on her latest post in instagram.
- Radhika has been very vocal about male privileges and casting couch in Tollywood and Bollywood.
- 2016: Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles Award for Best Actress- Parched
- 2016: FOI Online Awards – Special Mention (Actress)- Parched
- 2017: Tribeca Film Festival Award for Best Actress- Madly
- 2017: FOI Online Awards – Special Mention (Actress)- Phobia
|Address||A flat in Versova, Mumbai|
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile