Being an Australian actress, how did Phoebe Tonkin make her mark in the American Film and TV industry? Know her insights, Career, Age, and Net- Worth.
Who is Phoebe Tonkin?
A well-known Australian Actress (Phoebe Jane Elizabeth Tonkin) is a renowned name by her stage alias Phoebe Tonkin.
She was born on July 12, 1989; this 32-year-old woman in 2011 grabbed the media attention internationally from the television series CW series ‘” The Vampire Diaries.” Phoebe is known for modeling and brand shoots. However, she made a mark in the American film and television industry by her acting. She was the brand ambassador of the famous stylist Ilona Hamer’s swimwear line and modeled Chanel’s Gabrielle products.
|Birth Name||Phoebe Jane Elizabeth Tonkin|
|Born||July 12, 1989(32 years old)|
|Country||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches (172 cm)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Boyfriend||Paul Wesley (Broke Up)|
|Profile||Twitter, Instagram, Facebook|
What is the reason behind the Success Story of Phoebe Tonkin?
- Phoebe Tonkin first debuted in 2006 in a television series “H2O: Just Add Water”, the Australian Drama fantasy. Critics applauded her for the work which Phoebe portrayed in that series. By this series, she was recognized internationally, and international critics also applauded her work.
- In 2010, Phoebe made her debut in an Australian adventure war-drama film, “Tomorrow When the War Began,” Her character name was Fiona Maxwell.
- Her breakthrough role came in 2012 when she was part of the CW series ‘” The Vampire Diaries,” where Phoebe was playing the character of Hayley Marshall and ended in 2013. However, in 2013 her role was reprised in the spin-off “The Originals,” aired from 2013 to 2018.
- In the show “The Secret Circle,” which aired from 2011 to 2012, Tonkin played the lead role, and her name was Faye Chamberlain. This show was based on a supernatural teen drama.
- Tonkin has done many brand endorsements like Vauxhall Motors, Teen Vogue, Miss Vogue, Elle Australia, and many more.
- Phoebe Tonkin was the brand face for the famous stylist named Ilona Hamer’s swimwear line “Matteau Swim.” Here she served as the brand ambassador from 2015 to 2017. In 2017 she also did an ad campaign for Smythson, and the name of that campaign was “Journey To The Wild Side.”
What is the physical appearance of Phoebe Tonkin?
- Phoebe Tonkin has a significant 5 feet and 7 inches of height, and she has around 56 kg bodyweight as she was a model in her early days, so Phoebe carries herself very nicely.
- At the age of 12, Phoebe was very passionate about the acting part, so she enrolled herself Australian Theatre for Young People (ATYP) at the Wharf Theatre. Here she took many courses like Clowning Around, Musical Theatre, Shakespeare, and Script to Stage.
- Phoebe launched a health website named Yourzenlife.com in a partnership with the actress Teresa Palmer in 2012. Due to her work commitments, she stepped down from the business in 2015.
What is the relationship status of Phoebe Tonkin?
- Phoebe Tonkin started dating Paul Wesley in the year 2013; however, they broke up in 2017. In 2020, She was dating the lead vocalist of the California rock band Phantom Planet named Alex Greenworld.
What is the Net Worth of Phoebe Tonkin?
- Phoebe Tonkin’s net worth is around $2.3 Million. Her main source of income is from acting on the other side she earns from the brand endorsements. Phoebe also has a clothing line Lesjour.
- The birthday of Phoebe Tonkin is on July 12.
- Phoebe is 32 years old.
- During her struggling days, she used to earn money from modeling or photoshoots for catalogs.
- Phoebe Tonkin is a trained dancer, and when she was only four years old, she started taking dance lessons in hip hop, classical ballet, tap dance, and contemporary dance.
- In Miles Fisher’s “Don’t Let Go” music video, Phoebe was featured in 2011.
- In a digital campaign for Chanel’s Gabrielle line of products, Phoebe was announced as a model in 2018.