Joseph Peter Breck was an American character actor best known for his role as Gambler and gunfighter Doc Holiday on the ABC/Warner Bros. TV series Maverick. He grew up living with his grandparents in Haverhill, Massachusetts, because they felt they could provide a more stable home environment than his father, who often traveled as a jazz musician. He attended the University of Houston, where he studied English and drama.
His parents eventually divorced and young Peter returned to Rochester to live with his mother and her new husband, Al Weber, who was a sports editor of the Rochester Times-Union. Following his schooling at John Marshall High School in Rochester, Peter served in the United States Navy. He then turned his attention back to education and studied English and drama at the University of Houston in Houston.
While performing in college plays, he started to apprentice at Houston’s Alley Theatre, where he appeared in such productions as “Stalag 17”, among others. He had a talent for singing and performed in several clubs in and around the Houston area. Breck decided to lay back following this traumatic period, but still manages to perform in films and TV from time to time. He moved to Vancouver, Canada, in the mid-’80s with his wife Diana and their son, Christopher (born in 1962).
Christopher died of acute myeloid in his 20s, after fighting the disease for two years. Following this TV peak, Breck abruptly left Hollywood and focused on the theater both in the U.S. and Canada throughout the 1970s, appearing in such showcase vehicles as “The Gazebo”, “A Thousand Clowns”, “The Rainmaker” and “Mister Roberts”.
|Full Name||Peter Breck|
|Date of Birth||March 13, 1929|
|Died on||Feb 6, 2012|
|Age||82 years old.|
|Country||United States of America|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown (Natural)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Height||6 ft 3 inches|
- Peter Breck was born on 13th March 1929 in Rochester, New York. His father, Joe Break, was a Jazz musician who often travelled, so he grew up living with his grandparent,,, who wanted to provide him with a better home environment.
- In June 2010 Breck’s wife Diane announced on his website that the actor had been suffering from dementia and could no longer sign autographs for fans, although she said that he still read and enjoyed their letters. Despite this diagnosis, she said he was still physically healthy and did not require medication.
How much is Peter Breck worth?
- Peter has an estimated net worth of around $1 million – USD 5 million. His main income source was his profession as a TV Actor.
|Networth in 2019||$1 Million – $5 Million|
|Networth in 2020||$1 Million – $5 Million|
|Primary Income Source||TV Actor (profession)|
How tall is Peter Breck?
- He is 6 ft 3 inches tall and weighs approximately 83 kg. Peter has dark brown coloured eyes and dark brown (natural) coloured hair.
- His zodiac sign is Pisces.
|Height||6 ft 3 inches|
- In this section, you will find about Peter’s affairs, girlfriend, relationship & marital status.
- Breck married dancer Diane Bourne in 1960 They had a son, Christopher, who died of leukemia. Peter’s previous girlfriend’s information is not available.
- Peter Breck was born on March 13, 1929
- He was from Rochester, NY.
- He moved to Vancouver, Canada, in the mid-’80s with his wife Diana and their son, Christopher (born in 1962). Christopher died of acute myeloid in his 20s, after fighting the disease for two years.
- His net worth is $1 Million – $5 Million.
- His parents divorced and remarried when he was quite young. Had a younger half-brother, Georgie, who died at age 24 of heart problems, from his father’s remarriage, and two sisters, Judith and Virginia, from his mother’s remarriage.
- He was a well-known TV Actor.