Oliver Scott Sykes, an English musician and entrepreneur, is renowned as the frontman of the rock band “Bring Me The Horizon.” He’s also the founder of the successful apparel brand “Drop Dead Clothing.” With a strong presence in the art world, Oliver’s perfectionist approach shines through in all his ventures, contributing to his substantial success and global fan base.
His musical journey includes notable albums like ‘Count Your Blessings’ and ‘Suicide Season.’ Leading his band, he’s released five chart-topping studio albums. Moreover, Oliver is the creator of the well-known clothing brand DropDead and the vegan restaurant Church – Temple of Fun. His diverse talents and dedication continue to make him a prominent figure in both music and business.
- Oliver Sykes (Credit)
Oliver Sykes Quick Bio
|Born||November 20, 1986|
|Height||6’2″ (188 cm)|
|Weight||Approx. 160 lbs|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||Estimated multimillion dollars|
|Profiles||Instagram, Twitter, etc.|
|Body Measurements||Not specified|
|Alma Mater||Not applicable|
|Parents||Ian and Carol Sykes|
|Siblings||Tom Sykes (Half-brother)|
|Source of Wealth||Music, Merchandise|
|Acting Debut||Not applicable|
|Years Active||2004 – Present|
|Famous for||Being the lead vocalist of Bring Me the Horizon|
|Awards||Various music awards|
|Social Media||Instagram: @olobersykes, Twitter: @olobersyko|
|Other Platforms||Music streaming platforms|
|Hobbies||Music, Tattoos, Fashion|
|Interests||Music, Art, Fashion|
|Philanthropy||Supports various charitable causes|
|Causes Supported||Mental health awareness, LGBTQ+ rights|
|Quotes||“Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore.”|
|Fun Facts||Oliver Sykes founded the clothing line “Drop Dead.” He is known for his distinctive tattoos and unique fashion sense.|
Oliver Sykes Early Life
- Oliver Sykes was born on 20 November 1986 in Ashford, Kent, England.
- After his birth, he and his family moved to Australia. Afterward, Sykes Family moved to Adelaide and then Perth. Finally, they settled in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
- Oliver has been interested in arts and music since his childhood. He attended Stocksbridge High School’s local school and got his higher education from Barnsley College.
- Oli has been suffering from Sleep paralysis (a form of night terror in which people become unable to move.) since the age of 12.
Oliver Sykes Career
- Oliver Sykes started his career as a musician by making short tracks and crafting compilation CDs under the name of QuakeBeat.
- He was still in college while he started making music. He then started a Hip-Hop band named “Womb 2 Da Tomb” with his brother Tom Sykes and Bring Me The Horizon drummer Matt Nicholls.
- You can check out the song by Oli’s First band below:
- Then He joined a metal band named “Purple Curto” as a vocalist/Drummer with the stage name “Olisaurus.” The band didn’t work out as well.
- In 2004, Oli Sykes founded the band Bring Me The Horizon ( a.k.a BMTH).
Bring Me The Horizon Band members 2004:
|Lead Guitarist:||Lee Malia|
|Bass Guitar:||Matt Kean|
|Rhythm Guitar:||Curtis Ward|
- Bring Me The Horizon started as a Deathcore band, and with the release of their EP “This Is What the Edge of Your Seat Was Made For,” Bring Me The Horizon started becoming popular.
- Sykes and his band worked on several albums over the year, listed below.
|2004||This Is What the Edge of Your Seat Was Made For|
|2006||Count Your Blessings|
|2010||There Is a Hell, Believe Me, I’ve Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let’s Keep It a Secret.|
|2015||That’s the Spirit|
Oliver Sykes Relationship
Is Oliver Sykes single?
- Oliver Sykes has dated a lot of girls over the years. Some of his girlfriends are listed below:
|Sarah Jayne Whiteley||Oliver Sykes and Sarah Jane were dating from 2004 – to 2008. In November 2008, they decided to end their relationship|
|Amanda Hendrick||After the break-up with Sarah, Sykes started dating Amanda. Their relationship lasted until 2012.|
|Hannah Pixie Snowdon|
Oliver Sykes fell in love with Hannah Snowdon in 2012.
Oliver Sykes started dating Alissa Salls in 2016. She is a Brazilian model.
Oliver Sykes & Hannah Snowdon
Oliver Sykes & Alissa Salls
Oliver Sykes Personal Details
- Oliver Sykes height & weight: He stands at the height of 6 feet 1 inch or 1.85 meters tall and weighs approximately 72 kg or 158 lbs. Sykes has dark brown colored hair and hazel-colored eyes.
- His zodiac sign is Scorpio.
Oliver Sykes’s Net Worth
How much is Oliver Sykes worth?
- He is a popular British vocalist with an estimated net worth of $2 million (USD). His primary source of income is performing as the lead vocalist of the rock band Bring Me The Horizon.
- Furthermore, he also makes most of his income from his clothing brand DropDead and the vegan restaurant Church – Temple of Fun.
Here are some of the exciting facts about Oliver Sykes:
- Oliver went to his first concert with his favorite band, Linkin Park. He also mentioned that Linkin Park had highly influenced him to start his band, Bring Me The Horizon.
- Oli is a self-taught musician.
- He was only 18 years old when he went on a musical tour.
- When he was 4 years old, he was attacked by a big blackbird. This incident was so terrifying for Oliver.
- Oliver Sykes is an animal lover. He has 2 dogs named Oskar and Luna.
- Oliver Sykes is a tattoo lover, and his body is covered with tattoos. The first Tattoo Oli got was a ‘Heart’ art on his stomach.
- Oli once flipped a car but got lucky and escaped with no injuries. He was heavily drunk.
- Oli’s ex-wife was a tattoo artist, and she did some tattoos on his hands and body.
- He gets inspiration to write songs from his life events and experiences.
- He wrote the song “Sleep with One Eye Open’ about a friend who betrayed him & his band. [Rumour]
- Blacklist was written about a friend who stole his money and ran away during a tour. [Rumour]
- Sykes confirmed on Instagram in March 2021 that he stayed in Brazil with his wife throughout the epidemic, that he now has a CPF number, and has purchased a home in the city of Taubaté, in the countryside of the state of So Paulo, where he was living with her.
View this post on Instagram