Nayib Bukele is the 43rd president of El Salvador, founded the political party, Nuevas Ideas in 2017. Served as the Mayor of San Salvador from 2015- 18.
Who is Nayib Bukele?
Nayib Armando Bukele Ortez, prominently known as Nayib Bukele, is a Salvadoran political personality and businessman. He is serving as the 43rd president of El Salvador. Bukele is also a candidate of the Grand Alliance for National Unity. He is a young and devoted politician who has achieved miles at the age of 40. The politician served as the Mayor of Nuevo Cuscatlán from 2012 to 2015. He belongs to the political party Nuevas Ideas which Bukele founded in 2017. Bukele is known for his authoritarian rule in the nation, for which he is being criticized many a time. He has also served as the Mayor of San Salvador from 2015 to 2018.
Bukele became the first candidate without belonging to two major political parties in the region to win the presidential election of El Salvador after the Salvadoran Civil War in 2019. He made his cabinet, including sixteen male and female candidates holding the ruling posts until 2024.
|Birth Name||Nayib Armando Bukele Ortez|
|Birth Date||24 July 1981 (Age 40)|
|Birth Place||San Salvador, El Salvador|
|Other Names||Nayib Bukele|
|Parent(s)||Armando Bukele Kattán, Olga Ortez de Bukele|
|College||Central American University|
|Active Years||2012- Present|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Spouse(s)||Gabriela Rodriguez (2014- Present)|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$30 million|
What does Nayib Bukele do?
- Nayib Bukele is a renowned personality in the world who is a politician and a businessman. He is now serving as the 43rd president of El Salvador. Bukele started his career as a businessman and owned the distributing company of Yamaha products in his country. Later in 2011, he became the Director President of the media company OBERMET, S.A. DE C.V. Bukele joined politics afterward and became the mayor of Nuevo Cuscatlán in 2012, where he represented the Farabundo Martí National Liberation Front. He served in the position till 2015. He is also a philanthropist who donated all his salary for scholarships. In 2015, Bukele was elected as the mayor of San Salvador, the capital of El Salvador.
- During his tenure at the post, the mayor visited Taiwan in 2017 to celebrate and strengthen the relationship between the two nations. He served as the mayor of San Salvador till 2018. Bukele’s leadership has been recognized all over the world as a great young leader. He formed the political party Nuevas Ideas and represented it. Bukele was elected as the President of El Salvador in 2019 with a vote percentage over 53%. He was the first candidate not belonging to the major parties to win the Salvadoran presidential election. He is highly criticized for his decisions to combat the Covid-19 outbreak in the country. Bukele advised arresting 4,236 people to stop the virus from spreading, but it was of no use.
How does Nayib Bukele look?
- Nayib Bukele is a 40 years old Salvadoran politician. He belongs to an Islamic family. Bukele was born on 24 July 1981 in San Salvador, El Salvador. His height is 5.8 feet, and he weighs around 70 kg. Armando Bukele Kattán, Olga Ortez de Bukele are the parents of the Salvadoran president. His eyes and hair are black. Bukele attended Central American University. Yamil Bukele is his sibling.
Is Nayib Bukele single?
- Nayib Bukele has been married to Gabriela Rodriguez since 2014. The couple is leading a happy marital life and is blessed with a daughter named Layla Bukele.
How much does Nayib Bukele earn?
- Nayib Bukele is a successful businessman and politician. He has founded many firms in El Salvador. Bukele also founded the ruling party of the country Nuevas Ideas. His net worth is around 30 million dollars at present.
- Nayib Bukele is 5.8 feet tall.
- He is married to Gabriela Rodriguez.
- His founding political party is Nuevas Ideas.
- Bukele’s daughter’s name is Layla Bukele.
View this post on Instagram