Who is Nate Silver?
Nathaniel Read Silver is a renowned journalist, statistician, and writer from the United States of America. He developed the forecasting system for the career development of baseball players, Player Empirical Comparison, and Optimization Test Algorithm. He is also the founder-editor of FiveThirtyEight, a news website chiefly concerned with the USA’s analytics of politics and elections. This particular blog won the Webby Awards for the category of Best Political Blog consecutively in 2012 and 2013.
Silver has authored many books, including The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail-But Some Don’t, The Best American Infographics 2014, and Baseball Between the Numbers: Why Everything You Know About the Game Is Wrong. His first book, The Signal and the Noise won the Phi Beta Kappa Award in Science. In 2009, Silver was named among The World’s 100 Most Influential People by Time. he also co-authored the Baseball Prospectus annual book of MBL in 2003 and 2009.
|Birth Name||Nathaniel Read Silver|
|Birth Date||January 13, 1978 (Age 43)|
|Birth Place||East Lansing, Michigan, United States of America|
|Other Names||Nate Silver|
|Parent(s)||Brian David Silver, Sally Silver|
|High School||East Lansing High School|
|College||University of Chicago|
London School of Economics
|Profession||Journalist, Writer, Statistician|
|Active Years||2000- Present|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$ 3 Million|
What does Nate Silver do?
- Nate Silver is a known American personality. He started his career as an economic consultant at KPMG International Limited after his graduation. Along with it, he started working in PECOTA as he was interested in baseball statistics. Later he sold PECOTA to Baseball Prospectus and also became a writer there. In 2003 and 2009, he co-authored the MBL Baseball Prospectus. He also co-wrote the books Mind Game: How the Boston Red Sox Got Smart, Won a World Series, and Created a New Blueprint for Winning, Baseball Between the Numbers, and It Ain’t Over ’til It’s Over: The Baseball Prospectus Pennant Race Book. Thus, he started writing political blogs in the Daily Kos under the pseudonym Poblano.
- And finally, in 2008, Nate founded his political blog FiveThirtyEight that mostly covered political news, including US elections. In 2010, FiveThirtyEight came under the New York Times. It later came under ESPN in 2014. The news portal has covered US elections 2008, 2010, 2012, and 2016. In 2012, Silver wrote his first book, The Signal and The Noise, which successfully reached New York Times Best Sellers List. In 2014, he released another book entitled The Best American Infographics 2014. Silver is currently working at ABC News as a journalist.
Is Nate Silver educated?
- Nate Silver is highly educated. He has attended East Lansing High School. After high school graduation, he attended the University of Chicago and the London School of Economics for post-graduation. He is a 43 years old American journalist and author born on January 13, 1978, in East Lansing, Michigan, USA. Brian David Silver is Nate’s father, and Sally Silver is his mother.
- Silver doesn’t have any siblings, according to the sources. He is 5.5 feet tall and weighs around 56 kg. He has green eyes, and his hair color is brown. His birth sign is Capricorn. He doesn’t have any tattoos on his body. He is highly followed on social media, with 3.5 million followers on Twitter and 187k followers on Facebook.
Is Nate Silver married?
- Nate Silver is single and has not married yet. He is reportedly straight but has never disclosed his love life. He has been a private person who kept his personal life away from the limelight.
How much does Nate Silver earn?
- Nate Silver’s net worth is 3 million dollars.
- Nate Silver is 43 years old.
- His book The Signal and The Noise was published in 2012.
- He is the founder-editor of the political news website FiveThirtyEight.