Who is Monica?
Monica Denise Arnold is an American businesswoman, rapper, actress, songwriter, and singer. Monica started coming into the limelight with her first album Miss Thang which was released two years after signing with Rowdy Records in1993. This hit followed a chain of successful albums like The Boy is Mine and After the Storm. Apart from these albums, Monica’s Single hits such as Angel of mine and Everything To Me also made their place as No. 1 in pop and R&B charts.
Monica Arnold was born October 24, 1980, in Oak Park, Georgia, to Marilyn Best, a church singer and airline customer service representative, and M.C. “Billy” Arnold, Jr., a mechanic. At the age of four, she began singing in her local church choir. Her parents are M.C. “Billy” Arnold Jr. and Marilyn Best. She has a younger brother, Montez, one paternal half-brother, and two maternal half-brothers. Her parents divorced in 1987.
Apart from these musical hits Monica even gained popularity for her roles in films such as Boys and Girls (2000), Pastor Brown (2006), and Love Song (2000). Her work in television series like Living Single (1996), American Dreams(2003) was also much appreciated. She also received Grammy Award for Best R&B duo with vocal (with Brandy), Recording Academy, for “The Boy is Mine,” 1998.
|Name||Monica Denise Arnold|
|Born||October 24, 1980|
|Profession||Business Women, Rapper, Actress, Songwriter, Singer, Television Personality|
|Height||5 feet and 6 inches
|Father||M.C. Arnold Jr.|
|Children||Rodney Ramone Hill III, Romelo Montez Hill, Laiyah Shannon Brown|
|Net Worth||$8 million|
What is Monica famous for?
- Monica celebrates her birthday on October 24. She was born in 1980 in Atlanta, Georgia, US.
- Despite her rough work schedule, Best was also devoted to her church and choir and passed on that love of gospel music to her daughter. Growing up in College Park, Georgia—a suburb of Atlanta—Monica began singing in the church choir alongside her mother when she was just a toddler.
- Her musical career began when Dallas Austin, a music producer, discovered her during her performances. Greatly impressed with her performance, and voice he presented her with a recording deal with his records.
- Her debut Miss Thang, released in July 1995, became a success with the 36th position on US Billboard 200. Monica, with her singles like Before You Walk Out Of My Life and Don’t take it personally the youngest artist to become a back-to-back chart-topper with two consecutive hits.
- After her musical success started making guest appearances in various TV shows like Living Single and many others, she then debuted in films in 2000 with the movie Love Song.
- A ballad, Be human, was released in the year 2018 for the NGO The be Human Foundation. She has now been awarded several awards, including the Grammys, Billboard, and several others for her films and television series.
- Monica and Brandy’s participation on the webcast fight series Verzuz, which took place on August 31, 2020, at Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta, coincided with the release of “Trenches.”
What is the height and weight Monica?
- The 40-year-old artist from America is 5 feet and 6 inches tall and weighs about 62kgs.
- She married Shannon Brown, an NBA player, on November 22, 2010. The married couple had three children together, Rodney Ramone Hill, Romelo Montez Hill, Laiyah Shannon Brown. The Couple got divorced in 2019 October after 8 years of their marriage.
Monica Denise Arnold Net Worth
- Her net worth is predicted to be around $ 8 Million. Her albums have sales of more than 25 million worldwide.
- Her 1991 Duet with Brandy Norwood in 1993 The Boy Is Mine was at No.1 in most countries.
- In the history of music, She is the most popular and successful R&B artist
- She got 4 nominations in the Grammys and won for Best R&B Performance.
View this post on Instagram