Mike D is best known as an American rapper, composer, songwriter, and fashion designer. He is the founder of the hip-hop group Beastie Boys.
Who is Mike D?
Michael Louis Diamond, famously known by his stage name, Mike D, is a celebrated rapper and music composer hailing from the United States of America. D is a known fashion designer too. The versatile is the founder member of the 1980s hip hop group Beastie Boys alongside Adam Yauch, John Berry, and Adam Horovitz. The group released several albums as well as singles that will be cherished by the audience forever. It stopped releasing music after two of its core members’ death.
Mike has achieved peaks in his career as a hip-hop artist, for which he has been recognized with many prestigious titles. He was nominated for Grammy Awards 19 times, solo as well as in the group. Mike won the first Grammy Award in 2006 for his album Late Registration. In 2008, he won two Grammys in the categories of Best Rap Song and Best Rap Album. He won another for the Best Rap Album in 2012 for My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. In the following year, he won another one for the Best Rap Song. Apart from these, Mike also got two nominations in the Primetime Emmy Awards in 2020 for his documentary Beastie Boys Story.
|Birth Name||Michael Louis Diamond|
|Birth Date||November 20, 1965 (Age 55)|
|Birth Place||New York City, New York, USA|
|Other Names||Mike D, Mike Diamond, Country Mike, The King of Lunch, Meshach, Sweet Lou, Malibu Mike|
|Parent(s)||Harold Diamond, Hester Diamond|
|Sibling(s)||David Diamond, Stephen Diamond|
|High School||Saint Ann’s School and Walden School|
|Profession||Rapper, Composer, Fashion designer|
|Active Years||1979– Present|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Children||Skyler Diamond, Davis Diamond|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$90 million|
What does Mike D do?
- Mike D is a prominent American rapper. He formed the band The Young Aborigines at 14, which later changed its name to Beastie Boys. Along with other members- Adam Yauch and Adam Horovitz, Mike released numerous albums throughout three decades. The first studio album of the group is Licensed to Ill, released in 1986. Their second album, Paul’s Boutique, came in 1989. The group released other albums such as Check Your Head in 1992, Ill Communication in 1994, Hello Nasty in 1998, To the 5 Boroughs in 2004, The Mix-Up in 2007, and Hot Sauce Committee Part Two in 2011.
- With their massive success in albums, the Beastie Boys found their record label and magazine, Grand Royal, in 1993. IN HIS SOLO CAREER, Mike D was associated with other artists like Mike Watt, Kenny Salcido, and Miho Hatori. The Beastie Boys organized several successful tours in its career, including The Virgin Tour of 1985, Raising Hell Tour of 1986, Licensed to Ill Tour and Together Forever Tour in 1987, Check Your Head Tour in 1992, etc. The hip-hop group received its first blow in 2012 with the sudden death of Adam Yauch. Its second core member, John Berry, also died in 2016. Mike and Adam Horovitz released their memoir Beastie Boys Book by recollecting their experience in 2018. The duo later released a documentary titled Beastie Boys Story in 2020 to cherish their moments in the group.
How does Mike D look?
- Mike D is a 55 years old wrapper with a height of 5.10 feet and a body weight of 75 kg. He has grey eyes as well as grey hair. On November 20, 1965, Mike was born in New York City, New York, the USA, to Harold Diamond and Hester Diamond. The rapper attended Saint Ann’s School and Walden School for studies.
Is Mike D single?
- Mike D is divorced and possibly single at the moment. He married Tamra Davis in 1993 but unfortunately, they separated later on. The couple gave birth to two kids, namely Skyler Diamond, Davis Diamond.
Is Mike D rich?
- Mike is a sensational rapper who has gained immense popularity as well as wealth in his career. His net worth is $90 million.
- Mike D has 152k followers on Instagram.
- His eyes are grey.
- Scorpio is Mike’s birth sign.
View this post on Instagram