Mike Bibby is a former American basketball player who played for 14 seasons in the National Basketball Association. Now a coach at Hillcrest Prep HS.
Who is Mike Bibby?
Popularly known as Mike Bibby, Michael Bibby is a celebrated basketball player from the United States of America. Bibby won the NCAA Championship in its 1997 season while playing college basketball for Arizona Wildcats. The basketball player played for 14 long seasons in the NBA for his excellence in the sport. Bibby played in the McDonald’s All-American Game and played in the Parade All-American team in 1996 while attending high school. In the same year, the player won the title of Mr. Basketball USA. For his contribution, Bibby also won the recognition of Pac-10 Freshman of the Year in 1997.
In the following year, he was regarded with the Pac-10 Player of the Year. In his very first season in NBA, Mike was included in the NBA All-Rookie First Team. He has played for Vancouver Grizzlies, Sacramento Kings, Atlanta Hawks, Washington Wizards, Miami Heat, and New York Knicks. Bibby has also represented the United States in the FIBA Americas Championship and won gold in the 2003 season held in San Juan. The player served as a coach in teams like Hillcrest Prep Academy and Shadow Mountain High School in his later career.
|Birth Name||Michael Bibby|
|Birth Date||May 13, 1978 (Age 43)|
|Birth Place||Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA|
|Other Names||Mike Bibby|
|Parent(s)||Henry Bibby, Virginia Bibby|
|Sibling(s)||Charlsie House, Hank Bibby, Dane Bibby|
|High School||Shadow Mountain High School|
|College||The University of Arizona|
|Profession||Basketball player, Coach|
|Active Years||1998- Present|
|Country||United States of America|
|Height||6 feet 2 inches|
|Children||Mia Bibby, Nylah Bibby, Janae Bibby, Michael Bibby|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$60 million|
What does Mike Bibby do?
- Mike Bibby started playing basketball in his school days. He was a talented youngster who was yet to be furnished and appear in the professional sector. Bibby played as a point guard for Shadow Mountain High School, winning the Arizona state championship. Later, he played for his college, the University of Arizona, and won the NCAA championship in 1997. His tactics and passion for the game brought the first NBA draft in 1998 by the Vancouver Grizzlies. In his first season, Bibby’s performance with an average of 13.2 points made him win the NBA All-Rookie honors.
- After playing for the Grizzlies till 2001, the player joined the Sacramento Kings. There, he and Chris Webber were called the best duo of the first season. Bibby played consecutively for seven years for the Kings. After creating numerous records and being responsible for several wins for the team, the player signed a contract with Atlanta Hawks in 2008. As a player, Bibby was traded within three teams Washington Wizards, Miami Heat, and New York Knicks, in the last three years. The player also played for the national team of the USA. After a long run as a player, Bibby joined Shadow Mountain High School as an assistant coach in 20013 but later became head coach in the following year. At present, he is appointed as a head coach in Hillcrest Prep High School.
How does Mike Bibby look?
- Mike Bibby is a former basketball player who has 6.2 feet and weighs around 88 kg. Bibby has black eyes as well as black hair. The player’s parents are Henry Bibby, Virginia Bibby. He has three siblings Charlsie House, Hank Bibby, Dane Bibby.
Is Mike Bibby divorced?
- Mike Bibby has been married to Darcy Watkins. The couple has four kids Mia Bibby, Nylah Bibby, Janae Bibby, and Michael Bibby.
How much does Mike Bibby earn?
- Mike Bibby’s net worth is 60 million dollars.
- Mike’s birth name is Michael Bibby.
- His birth sign is Taurus.
- He is 6.2 feet tall.
View this post on Instagram