Who is Michael Beasley?
Michael Paul Beasley Jr., professionally recognized as Michael Beasley, is a renowned basketball player hailing from the United States of America. Beasley could shine in his high school and college career with his skills and passion for the game. He was also considered to be one of the best collegiate basketball players. He was on the Parade All-American team in 2006. Beasley got a chance to join the McDonald’s All-American Game in 2007 and become the season’s most valuable player. For the highest number of rebounds, the player received the title of NCAA rebounding leader in 2008.
In the same year, he received the recognition of Big 12 Player of the Year for outstanding performance. Beasley received the Pete Newell Big Man Award and the title of USBWA National Freshman of the Year in 2008. For his excellence in the rookie season, Beasley was included in the 2009 NBA All-Rookie First Team. He also got the chance to be a Chinese Basketball Association All-Star Game MVP twice in 2015 and 2016. Beasley also became the CBA champion in 2019.
|Birth Name||Michael Paul Beasley Jr.|
|Birth Date||January 9, 1989 (Age 32)|
|Birth Place||Cheverly, Maryland, USA|
|Other Names||Michael Beasley|
|Parent(s)||Michael Beasley Sr., Fatima Smith|
|Sibling(s)||Leroy Ellison, Malik Smith, Mychaela Beasley, and Tiffany Couch|
|High School||Notre Dame Preparatory School, Bowie high school, National Christian Academy, The Pendleton School, Riverdale Baptist School, Oak Hill Academy|
|College||Kansas state university|
|Active Years||2008- Present|
|Height||6 feet 10 inches|
|Relationship||In a relationship|
|Children||Mikayla Beasley, Michael Beasley III|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$14 million|
What are Michael Beasley’s career highlights?
- Michael Beasley attended six high schools and scored higher for each in basketball. He became a member of the USA Men’s U18 National Team in 2006, which won the FIBA Americas Under-18 Championship. He became the most valuable player in the 2007 season of McDonald’s All-American Boys Game. In the same year, Rivals.com ranked No. 1 in the high school basketball prospects. Beasley was also a member of the Under19 team of the USA, which won silver in the FIBA U19 World Championship. Before stepping into the professional basketball league, the player had a successful career at the college level. He debuted in the NBA in 2008 after signing a contract with Miami Heat.
- In the 2009 season, his per-game average was14.8 points. After playing two seasons for the Heat, Beasley joined Minnesota Timberwolves in 2010. His point average for the Timberwolves in the 2011 season was 11.5. In 2012, the player joined Phoenix Suns but next year, again joined Miami Heat. Beasley signed a contract with Shanghai Sharks in 2014 and joined the Chinese Basketball Association. He played for Shandong Golden Stars and Guangdong Southern Tigers in the CBA. The Brooklyn Nets signed him in 2020. But he was tested Covid-19 positive hence could not play for the team.
Which college did Michael Beasley attend?
- Michael Beasley attended Kansas state university. Apart from this, he attended sis high schools. Beasley is a 32 years old basketball player born in Cheverly, Maryland, the USA, on January 9, 1989. He has four siblings Leroy Ellison, Malik Smith, Mychaela Beasley, and Tiffany Couch. The player has a height of 6.10 feet and weighs around 107 kg. He has black eyes and black hair.
Is Michael Beasley married?
- Michael Beasley is straight and has not married yet. His girlfriend’s name is Kaleila Pufolkes. The player has two kids Mikaiya Beasley, Michael Beasley III.
How much does Michael Beasley earn?
- Michael Beasley’s net worth is $14 million US dollars.
- Fatima Smith is the mother of Michael Beasley.
- He has several tattoos on his body.
- His birth sign is Capricorn.
View this post on Instagram