Maximo Alvarez- The Oil King
Owning more than 300 gas stations in the United States, Maximo Alvarez is one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the country. He is the oil king of the country. Alvarez has no social media accounts as he tries to stay away from them.
Born in Cuba, Alvarez moved to the United States and invested in the oil company to become one of the most successful businessmen one day. Alvarez has Cuban citizenship and American nationality. His company Sunshine Citrus Corp is known across the nation. He is also known for his support for President Donald Trump when his first campaign started. He gave a lengthy testimony during his term where he disregarded Cuban Fidel Castro’s communist rule and appreciated Trump’s policies.
Alvarez is also known to have made considerable contributions in the Mobil Oil Contributions in Tampa, Florida. However, he became an independent entrepreneur in 1976 with his new company Sunshine Gasoline where he invested in petrol, kerosene, diesel, and cooking gas. There has been an estimation of more than 300 gas stations owned by Alvarez all over the country.
Alvarez has involved himself in the Florida Petroleum Marketers Association, where he was chosen as the chairman in 2000.
|Birth Name||Maximo Alvarez|
|Born||June 10, 1948 (Age 73)|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
|Weight||75 kg or 165 lbs|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|High School||La Salle High School|
|College||Florida State University|
|Net Worth||$100 million|
|Company||Sunshine Gasoline Distributors|
What is the success story of Maximo Alvarez?
- Alvarez was very focused on making a career in the oil industry. As soon as he graduated, he joined the Cities Services Oil Company, also known as CITGO Petroleum, and attained some working experience from 1971-1973. After that, he moved on to the Mobil Oil Corporation in 1973. Finally, in 1976, he began thinking about starting his corporation named Sunshine Citrus Corp. that had a successful life for 11 years as a citrus gift packing and shipping company.
- Alvarez got an opportunity to buy four underperforming gas stations in 1987 from Southland Corp. that became the milestone of Sunshine Gasoline Distributors Inc. Currently, the company operates in more than 300 different places in the country, supplying more than 200 branded retail services. With Alvarez’s super hard work and determination, the company has become the largest branded supplier for all the selected brands in the South-Eastern part of the United States.
- Alvarez has put in a lot of effort with the Petroleum Council in favour of the industry’s progress, both on commercial and humanitarian grounds. He has won awards for Hope for Vision and the Transplant Foundation. In 2006, Alvarez got involved in the Pedro Pan group. It is a non-profit organization working for immigrant children.
What is the physical appearance of Maximo Alvarez?
- Alvarez is a 5 ft 10 inches tall man with short grey hair. He is clean shaved and weighs around 75 kgs. Alvarez has dark brown eyes, and his attractive personality and ideas suitably make him the President of Sunshine Gasoline.
What is the relationship status of Maximo Alvarez?
Alvarez got married to his girlfriend, Esther, in 1980. They have three children- Sandra Alvarez, Maximo Ricardo Alvarez, and Eduardo Alvarez. The first two are competent enough to help their father in the business, whereas the third has just graduated.
What is the net worth of Maximo Alvarez?
Alvarez needs no introduction. He is a successful businessman owning more than a hundred gas stations. It makes him earn a whopping net worth of $100 million. Being so rich, he must have several estate properties across the country and live a lavish life.
- Alvarez is the son of Spanish immigrants born in Cuba.
- He was sent to America as a part of the ‘Pedro Pan’ Operation in 1961.
- Before starting his own company, Alvarez had worked in quite a few oil companies.
- Alvarez has the thought of helping the community along with industry, for which he took certain efforts as well.