Max Baer Jr. is an American actor, director, and producer known for his notable contributions to the entertainment industry. Born on December 4, 1937, in the United States, he gained prominence through his iconic role as Jethro Bodine in the television series “The Beverly Hillbillies.” Baer’s towering height of 6 feet 4 inches and his distinctive blonde hair and blue eyes added to his on-screen presence.
Beyond acting, Baer Jr. ventured into directing, producing, and screenwriting, showcasing his versatile talents. With a background that includes attending Santa Clara University, Baer Jr. hails from a family with a history in sports, as his father was the renowned boxer Max Baer. While his acting career stands as a highlight, Baer Jr.’s interests in pop culture memorabilia and his involvement in various charitable causes also contribute to his diverse persona.
Max Baer Jr. Quick Bio
|Name||Max Baer Jr|
|Born||December 4, 1937|
|Profession||Actor, Director, Producer, Screenwriter|
|Height||6 feet 4 inches (193 cm)|
|Weight||Approximately 200 lbs (91 kg)|
|Father||Max Baer (Boxer)|
|Mother||Mary Ellen Sullivan|
|Net Worth||Estimated at $50 million (as of 2021)|
|Education||Santa Clara University|
|Alma Mater||Santa Clara University|
|Parents||Max Baer and Mary Ellen Sullivan|
|Siblings||James Manny Baer (Brother)|
|Source of Wealth||Acting, Entertainment|
|Acting Debut||“Goldilocks and the Three Bears” (1949, as a child actor)|
|Famous for||Portraying Jethro Bodine on “The Beverly Hillbillies”|
|Awards||Golden Globe nomination for Best TV Actor (1968)|
|Filmography||“Macon County Line” (1974), “The Wild McCullochs” (1975), “Ode to Billy Joe” (1976), etc.|
|Television||“The Beverly Hillbillies” (1962–1971)|
|Social Media Accounts|
|Official Website||No official website|
|Other Platforms||Not applicable|
|Hobbies||Collecting pop culture memorabilia, golfing, gaming|
|Interests||Film production, entertainment history, technology|
|Philanthropy||Involved in charitable activities and fundraisers|
|Causes Supported||Various charitable causes, health, education|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Contact||Not publicly available|
|Quotes||“I feel comfortable acting. I don’t feel comfortable as a star.”|
|Fun Facts||Son of boxer Max Baer, known for role in “The Beverly Hillbillies”|
Max Baer Jr. Early Life
Max Baer Jr. was born in Oakland, California, to Maximilian Baer Sr. and Mary Ellen Sullivan. His father was a boxer and later became a referee, while his mother was a homemaker. Baer has two brothers, James and Billy, and a sister, Maude. He grew up in a Catholic household and attended St. Elizabeth’s Catholic School in Oakland.
Baer showed an interest in acting at an early age and began appearing in school plays. He also had a passion for sports, particularly football, and was a star player in high school. He graduated from McClymonds High School in 1955 and went on to attend Santa Clara University, where he played football and earned a degree in English.
Max Baer Jr. Career
How did Max Baer Jr. attain success?
- Max Baer Jr. started his career in 1979 with the ‘Blackpool Pavilion production of ‘Goldilocks and the Three Bears in England.’ In the 1960s, he started acting in a full-fledged way. He has worked with ‘Warner Bros.’ and appeared in numerous TV series like ‘Maverick,’ ‘Surfside 6’, ‘Cheyenne,’ ‘Hawaiian Eye,’ ’77 Sunset Strip’, ‘Bronco,’ ‘Sugarfoot,’ ‘Follow the Sun, and ‘It’s a Mans’ World.’
- Max Baer Jr. is well known for playing ‘Jethro Bodine in the TV series ‘The Beverly Hillbillies.’ He also appeared in ‘Love, American Style,’ ‘Vacation Playhouse,’ and ‘A Time for Killing.’
- His debut work as a director is Macon County Line’. In 1975, he wrote, produced, and directed ‘The Wild McCullochs.’ In 1976, he directed and produced ‘Ode to Billy Joe.’ In 1979, he directed ‘Hometown U.S.A.’
- Later on, he started investing in the real estate and casino industries in his life. He wants to build a ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ empire, including ‘Jethro’s Beverly Hills Mansion’ and casinos. However, as per sources in 2012, the development of Jethro’s Casino had been suspended.
Max Baer Jr. Personal Information
What is the physical appearance of Max Baer Jr.?
- Max Baer Jr. is 6 feet 4 inches tall.
- Max Baer Jr. has short black hair, and his eyes are black.
- His zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
- He is one of the most famous actors globally and has a huge fanbase.
- Baer sued CBS in 2014, saying that a hidden contract with Jethro’s BBQ in Des Moines was interfering with his ability to profit from his part on the legendary television show.
Max Baer Jr. Relationship
What is the relationship status of Max Baer Jr.?
- Max Baer Jr. was married to Joanne Kathleen Hill. However, the couple divorced in 1971. In the past, he has reportedly dated the famous actor, entrepreneur, and author Victoria Principal and model Chere Rhodes.
Max Baer Jr.’s Net worth
What is the net worth of Max Baer Jr.?
- The approximate net worth of Max Baer Jr. is $50 million.
Max Baer Jr. Success Story
Baer’s success story began with his portrayal of Jethro Bodine on The Beverly Hillbillies. The show was a major hit and ran for nine seasons, making Baer a household name. He went on to have a successful career in the entertainment industry, appearing in several television.
- Maximilian Adalbert Baer Jr. is an American actor, producer, comedian, and director.
- He was born on December 4, 1937, and is 83 years old.
- He is recognized for playing the character of ‘Jethro Bodine in the TV series ‘The Beverly Hillbillies.’
- He is currently the sole existing member of the TV show.
- He was active from the years 1949 to 1991.
- He is of Irish, Scottish, German and Jewish ethnicity.
- Max Baer Jr. started his career in 1979 with the ‘Blackpool Pavilion production of ‘Goldilocks and the Three Bears in England.’
- His debut work as a director is Macon County Line’.
- His zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
- Max Baer Jr. was married to Joanne Kathleen Hill.
- His approximate net worth is $50 million.