Marco Antonio Solis is a renowned Mexican singer, songwriter, music composer, and record producer. He received five Latin Grammy Awards in his career.
Who is Marco Antonio Solis?
Marco Antonio Solís Sosa is one of the most excellent Mexican musicians of all time. He is best known for songs like Morenita, Tu Ingratitud, Una Mujer Como Tu, Que Pena Me Das, Así Como Te Conocí, La Venia Bendita, Si Te Pudiera Mentir, O Me Voy o Te Vas, Tu Amor o Tu Desprecio, El Buen Mensajero and others. Solis’ popular albums are En Pleno Vuelo, Trozos de Mi Alma, No Molestar, etc. Marco’s legacy lies in the various recognitions that he has received throughout his career. The singer was nominated for Billboard Latin Music Awards 21 times to date, among which he bagged the award nine times.
In 2015, Marco was nominated for Latin American Music Awards. The artist was nominated for Lo Nuestro Awards 13 times. He won the award thrice in 1996, 2014, and 2015. The singer was nominated for the prestigious Latin Grammy Awards nine times. Marco was successful in winning the award five times. He was also nominated six times for Grammy Awards. In 2000, the musician was inducted into Billboard Latin Music Hall of Fame.
|Birth Name||Marco Antonio Solís Sosa|
|Birth Date||29 December 1959 (Age 61)|
|Birth Place||Ario de Rosales, Mexico|
|Other Names||Marco Antonio Solis|
|Parent(s)||Antonio Solis Marroquin, Maria Elena Sosa de Solis|
|Sibling(s)||Jose Javier Solis|
|Profession||Singer, songwriter, music composer, and record producer|
|Active Years||1970- Present|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Eye colour||Dark brown|
|Hair colour||Dark brown|
|Spouse(s)||Beatriz Adriana (1983- 1987)
Cristian Salas (1993- Present)
|Children||Marco Antonio Solís Jr., Beatriz Adriana Solis, Marla Solis, Alison Solis|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$10 Million|
What does Marco Antonio Solis do?
- Marco Antonio Solis is a Mexican musical legend. He has popularised the music genres- Latin pop, grupero, mariachi, cumbia, bachata. He is considered to be the greatest Latin musician of all time by his fans. Solis started practising music at the age of six. After observing the artistic genre of music for almost six decades, the musician has achieved unmatchable success. Solis was a founding member of the group- Los Bukis. Joel Solís and Solis made the band popular all over the world. Some of the hit albums of the band are- Falso Amor, Los Triunfadores, Yo Te Necesito, Me Volvi a Acordar de Ti, Si Me Recuerdas and others.
- The musician is a fine lyricist and has written songs for artists like Marisela and Rocío Dúrcal. Solis tried to build his solo career in music after serving as a lead vocalist and guitarist in Los Bukis. His debut album, En Pleno Vuelo was released in 1996 consisting of hit songs like Que Pena Me Das, Así Como Te Conocí and Recuerdos, Tristeza, y Soledad. In the following year, Solis released his second album with the title Marco.
- Some of his next hit albums are- Más de Mi Alma, No Molestar, etc. For his brilliance, Solis gained a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2010. In its Spanish version, he has also given his voice to the villain of Disney’s animated film, Coco.
Who are Marco Antonio Solis’s parents?
- Marco Antonio Solis was born in Ario de Rosales, Mexico. His parents are Antonio Solis Marroquin, Maria Elena Sosa de Solis. Marco has a sibling named Jose Javier Solis. The musician is 6.8 feet tall and has a body weight of 75 kg. There is no information about Solis’ educational background.
Who is Marco Antonio Solis’ present wife?
- Marco Antonio Solis married Cristian Salas in 1993 and is currently leading a happy married life. Before Salas, he married Beatriz Adriana in 1983, but they separated in 1987. Solis has four kids.
What is Marco Antonio Solis’ net worth?
- Marco Antonio Solis’ net worth is $10 Million at present.
- Marco Antonio Solis co-founded the band Los Bukis.
- He is 61 years old at present.
- Solis is married to Cristian Salas.
View this post on Instagram