Here’s all about the star film director and the actor, Lou Diamond Phillips. Learn more about his struggles, success and failures in this article!
Who is Lou Diamond Phillips?
Lou Diamond Phillips is an American actor and a film director. He was born on February 17, 1962, and is 59 years old. His birthplace is U.S. Naval Base Subic Bay, Philippines. He is well known for his films like ‘Young Guns’, ‘La Bamba’ and ‘Stand and Deliver.
Lou Diamond Phillips won his first award for his supporting act in the film ‘Stand and Deliver. He is also an outspoken activist of the Filipino Equity Act that grants equal benefits to the World War II veterans of the Philippines as much as to US veterans.
He also strongly supports Thoughtful House Center for Children, a not for profit organization founded by British physician and researcher Andrew Wakefield.
|Real Name||Lou Diamond Phillips|
|Nick Name||Lou Diamond Phillips|
|Date of Birth||February 17, 1962|
|Age||59 years old|
|Occupation||Actor, Director, Social Activist|
|Birthplace||U.S. Naval Base Subic Bay, Philippines|
|Country||United States of America|
|Height||6 feet 1 inch|
|Education||Flour Bluff High School in Corpus Christi|
The University of Texas at Arlington
|Social Media Accounts|
How did Lou Diamond Phillips attain success?
- Lou Diamond Phillips’s debut film was a low budget one called ‘Trespasses’ released in 1986. Immediately after, he delivered two hit films, ‘La Bamba’ and ‘Miami Vice’, both released in 1987.
- For his performance in ‘Dakota’, he was highly appreciated. This was released in 1988. In the same year, his performance in a high school drama called ‘Stand and Deliver’ got him nominated for the Golden Globe Award and won the Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Male. In 1988 again, ‘Young Guns’ had hit the theatres, which gave him Western Heritage Award Bronze Wrangler Theatrical Motion Picture.
- His other works include ‘Disorganized Crime’, ‘Renegades’, short films like ‘Arduous Moon’, ‘Young Guns II’, ‘A Show of Force’, ‘The First power’, and ‘Demon Wind’, and ‘The Dark Wind’. He also appeared in the television series ‘The General Motors Playwrights Theater’ and ‘Sesame Street’ in 1991. In 1993, he appeared in TV series such as ‘Tales from The Crypt’ and ‘The Untold West’ and the film ‘Extreme Justice’.
- Apart from being an actor, he is also a vocalist, and he released ‘The Pipefitters’ in the mid-1990s. His Broadway debut was ‘The King and I’, and he won a Theatre World Award and was nominated for a Tony Award and a Drama Desk Award for his performance in it.
- He has also been the recipient of the Blockbuster Entertainment Award and Lone Star Film & Television Award for Best Supporting Actor for ‘Courage Under Fire’ released in 1997.
What is the physical appearance of Lou Diamond Phillips?
- Lou Diamond Phillips is 6 feet 1 inch tall.
- He has short black hair and his eyes are also black.
- His zodiac sign is Aquarius.
- He is one of the most famous directors and actors and has a huge fan following worldwide.
What is the relationship status of Lou Diamond Phillips?
- Lou Diamond Phillips was married to Julie Cypher in 1987, but the couple divorced in 1990. Phillips had an affair with Jennifer Tilly for a short period of time. His second wife was Kelly Phillips, whom he married in 1994. The couple has three daughters, Grace, Isabella and Lili. They divorced in 2007. Phillips is currently married to Yvonne Boismier and has a daughter with her named Indigo.
What is the net worth of Lou Diamond Phillips?
- Lou Diamond Phillips’s net worth is $6 million.
- Lou Diamond Phillips is an American actor and film director.
- He was born in 1962 and is 59 years old.
- He has made many films and acted in more of them.
- Most of his films are hits and well acclaimed.
- He has also won many awards for his outstanding work.
- His zodiac sign is Aquarius.
- He has married thrice and has four daughters.
- His net worth is $6 million.
View this post on Instagram