Who is Lorde?
Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O’Connor, famous as Lorde, is a songwriter and a singer from New Zealand. Lorde’s genres include dream pop, art pop, indie pop, and electropop in particular. She is best known for recruiting atypical musical style as well as her brooding thoughtful songwriting.
She is a highly talented and versatile singer who is open to experimenting with different genres of music. Lorde’s music also features subgenres, such as indietronica and dream pop, besides art-pop. Talking about her awards and honours, she has received ten New Zealand Music Awards, two Brit Awards and two Grammy Awards to date.
Lorde spent much of her early life working with Universal to develop her sound and artistic vision. She was spotted at the age of 12 by A&R scout Scott Maclachlan and later signed to Universal at the age of 13 and began working with songwriters at 14.
A lifelong fascination with royalty and aristocracy inspired her stage name, although she appended an e to the end, as she felt that “Lord” was too masculine.
|Name||Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O’Connor, Lorde|
|Born||November 7, 1996|
|Nationality||New Zealand, Croatian|
|Height||5 feet and 4 inches |
|Weight||61 kg |
|Net Worth||$16 million|
What is Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O’Connor famous for?
- Lorde, born on the 7th of November, 1996 in Auckland, New Zealand, has 3 siblings, an older sister named Jerry and India (sister) and Angelo (brother) being her 2 younger ones.
- She rose to fame with her song Royals which sold 10 Million units and even more worldwide. Her song made its place as No.1 on Billboard Hot 100, making her a star in her sixteen. The track was awarded two Grammys in its 56th ceremony. Her first studio album, Pure Heroine, won much recognition for its subject and appeared on several lists of year-end albums. Apart from the Royals, the album had three more singles Tennis Court, Glory, and Gore, and Team was also appreciated a lot.
- The songwriter-singer released another studio album named Melodrama, “Green Light” in 2017 was also a big-time success. It was ranked as one of the best songs of that year by several publications. The album also brought in a nomination for Album of the Year in Grammy’s 60th ceremony.
- Lorde’s music taste is very different and unconventional was described as powerfully intriguing and unique by Pop Matters. Her voice even received appreciation from Billboard as it started her voice to be smokey, restrained, and dynamic. Apart from her voice, her maturity as a songwriter was noticed in the album Melodrama.
- She is much loved by the audience, and her work is said to inspire several contemporary artists.
What is the height and weight of Lorde?
- The 24-year-old singer-songwriter from New Zealand is 5 feet and 4 inches tall and weighs about 61kgs.
- Also, read about Monica.
Who is the husband of Lorde?
- She has not married yet. However, she is dating Justin Warren, a Universal music promotion director in New Zealand. The couple is often captured together in the singer–songwriter’s homeland.
What is her net worth?
- The 24-year-old singer-songwriter Lorde from New Zealand has a net worth of $16 million.
- She has dual citizenship in New Zealand and Croatia.
- Before her debut studio album, Lorde’s collaborative effort in The Love Club was commercially released by UMG in March 2013. It was downloaded 60 thousand times which eventually portrayed her range in public.
- She, in total, has won more than 40 awards and was the youngest artist who was featured in Fobes Magazine 30 Under 30.