The Founder of Nirvana, Krist Novoselic
Krist Novoselic is an excellent American musician, known chiefly for his work and performance with Nirvana. He was also a co-founder of the musical rock band and Kurt Cobain. He is active on social media accounts and has thousands of followers.
Born in California, Novoselic moved to Washington when he was a teenager and his two siblings. He is commonly known to have formed and played in the classic musical band Nirvana. He performed with two other bands after the former got disbanded. He has given some classics in the music world like Cut Me Some Slack, Smells Like Teen Spirit, etc.
Novoselic is a political activist as well. He has raised concerns over the rights of the young artists in the industry who tend to fall into the wrong hands or get exploited. Novoselic has formed JAMPAC, which stands for Joint Artists and Musicians Political Action Committee. He has been praised for his concern and efforts in this committee. His fans on media accounts regularly follow his works. He has written many songs and is currently working hard in politics.
|Birth Name||Krist Anthony Novoselic|
|Born||May 16, 1965 (Age 56)|
|Profession||Singer, musician, activist|
|Height||6 ft 7 in (201 cm)|
|Weight||98 kg or 216 lbs|
|High School||Aberdeen High School|
|College||Washington State University|
|Net Worth||$60 million|
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal, punk rock, grunge, hardcore punk|
|Works||Smells Like Teen Spirit|
Cut Me Some Slack
What is the success story of Krist Novoselic?
- Novoselic got a chance to get introduced to punk rock when he was a teenager. He started listening to a few bands like Sex Pistols, Ramones, etc. Novoselic became a big fan of Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, etc., and found his liking for punk rock similar to Kurt Cobain. They became good friends and started a musical band, Nirvana, with Chad Channing, the drummer in the round. They released their music album named Bleach in 1989. It was Novoselic’s ideas and writing skills that went into the songs.
- Their second album in 1991, named Nevermind, brought them popularity and fame. His talent as a bassist in the band was acclaimed. With Cobain’s suicide in 1994, the band got disbanded, and another band called Sweet 75, along with Yva Las Vegas, a Yugoslavian musician, was formed in 1995. He started another round in 2017, Giants in the Trees with Erik Friend, Jillian Raye, and Ray Prestegard.
What is the physical appearance of Krist Novoselic?
Novoselic is a tall man with an extraordinary height of 6 ft 7 inches and weighing 98 kgs. Novoselic has mesmerizing green eyes and short grey hair. He has a full beard and moustache.
What is the relationship status of Krist Novoselic?
Novoselic married Shelli Hyrkas in 1989. They were together since High School but got divorced in 1999. He married again in 2004 to Danbury Ayn Stenderu, an American artist. They started living on a farm and are happy together. They have two children.
What is the net worth of Krist Novoselic?
Novoselic has had a successful career as a musician and singer. His album, released along with Nirvana, was a mega-hit and sold more than 30 million copies worldwide. He performed with other bands and worked as a DJ as well. His hard work has given him a net worth of $60 million.
- Novoselic wrote a weekly column from 2007-2010 on music and politics.
- He has taken many measures to protect artists’ rights, and young artists respect him for that.
- Novoselic wrote a book in 2004 titled ‘Of Grunge and Government’.
- He is an FAA licensed pilot. He passed his flight test in 2002.