Who is Kevin Dobson?
Kevin Patrick Dobson, professionally known as Kevin Dobson, was a prominent American entertainment industry. He has contributed immensely to both the film and television fields. Dobson has ruled both industries for more than 50 years. Some of his popular TV shows are One Life to Live, The Doctors, Kojak, Knots Landing, F/X: The Series, The Bold and the Beautiful, Days of Our Lives, House of Lies, Shannon, etc. the actor has also appeared in several TV movies including Captain Kangaroo, The Immigrants, Mark, I Love You, If Someone Had Known, She’s No Angel, Damn Sea Vampires, and others. Dobson’s popular films are Midway, No Angel, 1408, Dark Power, and The Representative.
For his excellence in the acting field, the actor received many prestigious awards. In 1983, he was nominated for the Daytime Emmy Award for CBS Afternoon Playhouse. Dobson got three nominations for the Soap Opera Digest Awards in 1986, among which he won one for Knots Landing. Afterward, the actor received four Soap Opera Digest Awards for the same series in 1988, 1991, and 1992. Aside from these, he also received a TV Land Award in 2009 for Knots Landing alongside Lisa Hartman, William Devane, David Jacobs, and Michele Lee.
|Birth Name||Kevin Patrick Dobson|
|Birth Date||March 18, 1943|
|Birth Place||Jackson Heights, Queens, New York, USA|
|Other Names||Kevin Dobson|
|Death Date||September 6, 2020 (Aged 77)|
|Death Place||Stockton, California, USA|
|Death Cause||Autoimmune deficiency|
|Parent(s)||James Dobson, Rita Walsh Dobson|
|Sibling(s)||Brain Dobson, Dennis Dobson, Mary Alice Giles, Jane Booton, and two others|
|College||New York University|
|Height||5 feet 11 inches|
|Relationship||Married before death|
|Spouse(s)||Susan Dobson (1968-2020)|
|Children||Mariah Dobson, Patrick Dobson, Sean Dobson|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$5 Million|
Why was Kevin Dobson famous?
- Kevin Dobson was mostly known as a soap opera star. Apart from that, he also acted in films. The actor made his debut in 1968 by portraying the character of Gov. Harrison Brooks in One Life to Live. In the following year, he appeared in The Doctors. One of the prominent roles of Dobson was Det. Bobby Crocker in the 1973 drama series Kojak. In 1981, he acted in Shannon.
- The actor received his most significant breakthrough in the 1982 soap opera Knots Landing. He played the role of M. Patrick MacKenzie in the series. The other hit TV shows are Days of Our Lives, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, House of Lies, Anger Management, etc. Dobson’s first film was Midway, where he played the role of Ensign George H. Gay Jr. in 1976. He acted in the 1981 film All Night Long. The actor’s next excellent performance came in She was No Angel in 2002. He has also appeared in the film 1408.
What was Kevin Dobson’s height?
Kevin Dobson was 5.11 feet tall. On March 18, 1943, he was born in Jackson Heights, Queens, New York, USA. James Dobson and Rita Walsh Dobson were the parents of the actor. He had six siblings, including Brain Dobson, Dennis Dobson, Mary Alice Giles, Jane Booton, and two others.
What was Kevin Dobson’s relationship status?
Kevin Dobson married Susan Dobson in 1968, and they stayed together till his death. The couple had three children Mariah Dobson, Patrick Dobson, and Sean Dobson.
Was Kevin Dobson rich?
Kevin Dobson was a wealthy actor. His net worth before death was $5 Million.
- Kevin Dobson died at the age of 77.
- He acted in Knots Landing.
- The actor attended New York University.