Katrina Kaif is a British Indian film actress who predominantly works in the Bollywood film industry. She has also appeared in Telugu and Malayalam films. She was born in Hong Kong on 16 July 1983. Kaif and her family lived in several countries before she moved to London. She received her first modelling assignment as a teenager and later pursued a career as a fashion model. She made her acting debut with Boom in 2003.
While filming in India, Kaif received modelling assignments and established a successful modelling career. After appearing in the Telugu film, Malliswari (2004), Kaif earned commercial success in Bollywood with Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya’s? (2005) and Namastey London (2007). She then appeared in the terrorism drama New York (2009), Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009), Raajneeti (2010) and Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011). Kaif featured in the thrillers Ek Tha Tiger (2012) and Dhoom 3 (2013), both of which rank among the highest-grossing Bollywood films of all time.
Katrina Kaif is among the highest-paid actress in India. She was seen in several movies after the blockbuster Dhoom 2, like- Phantom with Saif Ali Khan in 2015, Fitoor with Aditya Roy Kapoor in 2016, Baar Baar Dekho with Siddharth Malhotra, jagga Jasoos with Ranbir Kapoor in 2017, Tiger Zinda Hai with Salman Khan in 2017, Thugs of Hindustan along with Amir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Zerp with Shahrukh Khan and Anushka Sharma in 2018, Bharat with Salman Khan in 2019 and she already completed her shooting for the upcoming movie Soooryavansham with Akshay Kumar, Ranveer Singh and Ajay Devgan in 2020.
In addition to acting, Katrina Kaif is involved with her mother’s charity and participates in stage shows. She is guarded about her personal life, which is a subject of media scrutiny, as is her background. She and her siblings were brought up by her mother, and her father wasn’t really with them throughout their childhood. Her father is a British businessman, and her mother is an English lawyer and charity worker. Due to continuous shifting from one place to another, she and her siblings were homeschooled by several tutors. She was into modelling since her teenage days. During her modelling, she was noticed by a movie director and from their her journey of becoming a Bollywood actress begin.
Katrina Kaif’s Basic Personal Info
|Born||16th July 1983|
|Religion||Christain and Islam|
|Net Worth||30 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Boom (2003)|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Salary||6-7 crores/per film (INR)|
|Sibling||Brother- Michael Kaif (Elder)
Sisters- Stephanie, Christine and Natasha (Elder sisters)
Melissa, Sonia and Isabel (Younger sisters)
|Girlfriend/Boyfriend Dated||Salman Khan (Actor)
Ranbir Kapoor (Actor)
|– in cms||174 cm|
|-in meters||174 m|
|-in feet inches||5’81/2”|
|-in KG||56 kg|
|-in Pounds||123 lbs|
|– Waist||26 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||34 inches|
|Shoe Size||9 US|
|Favourite Food||Cheesecake, Kheer, Cinnamon Rolls, Yorkshire Pudding, Steamed Fish, Lamb Chops with Salad & Baby Potatoes, Grilled Vegetables|
|Favourite Sport||Cricket, Chess|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood- Umrao Jaan, Tanu Weds Manu Returns, Dil Dhadakne Do
Hollywood- Casablanca, Gone with the Wind
|Favourite Destination||London, Italy, Spain, Dubai, Havana|
|Favourite Color||Pink, White, Mauve|
|Favourite Actor||Hrithik Roshan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, Robert Pattinson|
|Favourite Actress||Penelope Cruz, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Hobbies||Playing chess, Painting, Travelling, Reading|
|Cars Collection||Audi Q7, Audi Q3|
View this post on Instagram
- Slice, Nakshatra, Lux, Panasonic, Lakmé and L’Oréal, Coca Cola, LG, Fevicol and Samsung.
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- On her 27th birthday, Salman and Shah Rukh Khan’s heated argument turned ugly. And it was the beginning of their long industry-wide cold war.
- It was alleged that the actress had suffered physical abuse by ex-boyfriend Salman Khan.
- Katrina wearing a short skirt at Ajmer Sharif dargah during the shooting of Namaste London hurt people’s religious sentiment, which created many controversies.
- Katrina personal photos with ex-boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor were leaked on the internet during their trip to Ibiza.
- She never went to school because of her frequent relocation.
- According to Kaif, she then changed her surname to her father’s because she thought it would be easier to pronounce.
- At the age of fourteen, Kaif won a beauty contest in Hawaii and received her first modelling assignment in a jewellery campaign.
- She was supposed to make her Bollywood debut with the film Saaya opposite John Abraham. But, eventually, Mahesh Bhatt replaced her with Tara Sharma as he found her an “inconsistent performer”.
- The silver dress that she wore in the film Welcome was gifted to her by an Italian fashion designer Emilio Pucci worth 2 lakh INR ($4,814).
- She was the most Google celebrity in three consecutive years 2008, 2009 & 2010.
- Kaif is involved with Relief Projects India, a charitable trust run by her mother, rescuing abandoned baby girls and preventing female infanticide.
- Kaif’s winnings from the game show 10 Ka Dum and Kaun Banega Crorepati were donated to her mother’s Mercy Home orphanage.
- To raise funds for a new school in Madurai, she recorded Rhyme Skool, an album of nursery rhymes composed by A. R. Rahman.
- Katrina Kaif is superstitious and often visits religious places like Shiddivinayak Temple and Mount Mary Church in Mumbai and Dargah Sharif in Ajmer before her film’s release.
- In 2010 and 2011, Mattel released two sets of Barbie dolls inspired by Kaif
- In 2015, Kaif became the eighth Bollywood actor to have a wax figure installed at Madame Tussauds in London.
- She is the first Bollywood star to be featured in Peruvian photographer Mario Testino’s Towel Series.
- She was trolled for having an affair with Rohit Shetty, to which she declined.
- 2006: Stardust Breakthrough Performance Award– Female: Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya?
- 2008: IIFA Style Diva of the Year Award
- 2010: Stardust Best Actress- Popular: New York & Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahaani
- 2011: Screen Award Best Actress (Popular Choice)- Raajneeti & Tees Maar Khan
- 2011: Stardust Best Actress in a Comedy or Romance Award- Tees Maar Kham
- 2012: Big Star Most Entertaining Actor in a Romantic Film Award- Female- Jab Tak Hai Jaan
- 2012: Zee Cine International Icon Female Award
- 2013: Zee Cine International Icon Female Award
- 2013: Screen Award Best Actress (Popular Choice)- Ek Tha Tiger & Jab Tak Hai Jaan
|Address||B-09 & G-10 Ground Floor, Mourya House, Next to V.I.P Plaza, New Link Road, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400053, India|
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile