Who is Karl Pilkington?
Karl Pilkington is a comedian, voice actor, television presenter, actor, author, and radio producer. He was born on 23rd September 1972 in Manchester, England. He gained stature as a radio producer for Stephen Merchant and Ricky Gervais’s programme on British radio station Xfm. He has co-created a television production company called Risk Production.
Pilkington made his debut as an actor with Derek. He has also starred in comedy series like An Idiot Abroad, The Moaning of Life and Sick Of It. Karl’s peculiarities and the relationship among the three men made the show-cum-podcast extremely successful. He remained the main character around whom the stories revolved.
Karl Pilkington is best known as the star of the Sky 1 travel documentary series An Idiot Abroad and The Moaning of Life. Karl is also a Sunday Times best-selling author, having written seven books. Hist first scripted comedy series Sick of It debuted on Sky 1 in 2018, and Series 2 will launch in 2019.
|Born||September 23, 1972|
|Profession||Comedian, Voice Actor,|
Television Presenter, Actor, Author,
6 ft 1 in
- Karl Pilkington started his career as a record producer in Xfm and later became the production’s head. He earned a lot of popularity for himself in Rickey Gervais’s radio show. His persona was liked by all during the show.
- Pilkington has worked on a lot of projects with Stephen Merchant and Ricky Gervais. Ricky Gervais mentions Pilkington in a lot of interviews. Pilkington was referred to as a sensation who made history on the internet by Reuters when his statement about eating knobs in the nights flashed in several dance videos and merchandise.
- After his fame on the radio, many questions about Pilkington’s person popped up. Stephen Merchant and Ricky Gervais both refused such claims.
- Ricky Gervais has been helpful in Pilkington a lot throughout his career. Pilkington was seen staring in Gelvasis’s and Merchant’s production, An Idiot Abroad. Parkinson also authored a book that went along with the television series. He starred in all three sequels of the series.
- Pilkington made his acting debut in a 2012 comedy-drama with Derek. He played the character of Dougie, who was a bus driver and caretaker. Pilkington was also cast in a documentary titled The Moaning of Life. Sick Of It, a British sitcom, was co-scripted by Pilkington, and he also starred in the show.
- Apart from being an actor and radio producer, Karl Pilkington has also performed voiceovers for several companies like Unilever, WHSmith, Free View, HMV, Wickes, Sony PSP, and Vodafone.
What keeps Karl Pilkington fit?
- Karl Pilkington’s fitness is not much talked about. But the 48-year-old is perfectly healthy. He is 6 ft 1 inch tall and is 82kg.
- Also, read about Billy Crystal.
- Karl Pilkington has not married yet. He has been dating his long-term girlfriend Suzanne Whiston and mentions her a lot in his podcasts and Xfm.
- Karl Pilkington’s net worth is estimated to be around $3 Million. His salary per year, as confirmed by a source, is $600 Thousand.
- Karl Pilkington remains a big supporter of the football club Manchester United.
- Karl Pilkington has written books like Karalology and many others.
- He co-founded Risk Production with Stephen Merchant and Ricky Gervais.
- He played small roles in movies like Chingari (2012) and Cemetery Junction.
- Pilkington was awarded the Best presenter award for his performance in An Idiot Abroad in 2011.
- Quit school at 15 and took a job as a printer, where he had 24-hour shifts pressing CDs
- Worked with XFM radio station as a producer, unintentionally caused Gail Porter to leave the station in tears by criticizing her performance after the first show