Who is Karen Clark Sheard?
A well-known gospel singer (Karen Valencia Clark Sheard) is renowned by her stage alias Karen Clark Sheard. Karen Clark Sheard was born on 15 November 1960. This 60-year-old woman rose to fame by winning the title of American Grammy Award-winning gospel singer. She is also a songwriter and a musician. Kiera is the daughter of Clark Sheard, is a contemporary gospel singer. In the Christian community, she is a very well-recognized singer. Her All in One was listed at #3 on the U.S. Billboard Gospel Chart, and on Billboard’s Top 200 albums chart, it was at number #98. Some of her popular gospel songs include 2nd Chance, Prayed Up are considered the masterpiece amongst the fans.
|Birth Name||Karen Valencia Clark Sheard|
|Born||15 November 1960 (60 years old)|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Actress|
|Country||Detroit, Michigan, US|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches (172 cm)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Husband||John Drew Sheard (m. 1984)|
|Children||Kierra Sheard, J. Drew Sheard II|
|Net Worth||$1 Million – $5 Million|
|Genre||Gospel, Urban gospel, CCM|
|Profile||Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube|
What is the reason behind the Success Story of Karen Clark Sheard?
- Karen’s singing career started from a very early age as she used to sing in the choir at her father’s church. Her four elder sisters, including Karen, used to sing and perform in the church services. Their mother wrote the song. After her parent’s divorce in 1973, her mother created a “Clark Sisters” band and recorded their debut album titled “Jesus Has A Lot To Give.”
- Her mother finally introduced the Clark sisters, and the public of Detroit started to recognize her and her group. Then in 1974, Sound of Gospel Records signed the Clark Sisters. After signing the contract finally, The Clark Sisters group released albums like “He Gave Me Nothing to Lose,” “Unworthy,” and “Count It All Joy.”
- Their breakthrough came in 1980 when they released the live recording of the song “Is My Living In Vain.” By this song, they were getting recognized and were noticed by some popular song composers.
- Their next release happened to be a hit track titled “You Brought the Sunshine,” and by Reminiscent of Stevie Wonder’s “Master Blaster (Jammin’) song was a megahit as the song was played not only in church but also played in nightclubs.
- In 1988 Clark Sisters were peaking the Billboards chart with critically acclaimed album Conqueror, and in the year 1994, their last studio album, “Miracle,” was released as a group. After that, they focussed on their solo careers. Finally, in 1997, Karen started her solo career and released her debut album, “Finally Karen.” It was nominated in the Grammy Awards for the category Best Contemporary Gospel Soul Album. It was listed at the number #28 in the U.S. Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums and on number #2 in the U.S. Billboard Gospel Albums charts.
- From 2002 to 2005, she was signed by Elektra Records and released her debut album under the label “2nd Chance” and the other “It’s Not Over,” respectively. Her husband J.Drew Sheard and Clark-Sheard partnered together and launched a record label entitled Karew Records in 2009. In October 2009, from The Clark Sisters’ Christmas album Karew Records released its first project. Karen’s fifth album, “All in One,” was released in the year 2010.
- In April 2020, the biopic titled “The Clark Sisters: First Ladies of Gospel” aired on Lifetime TV was released, and Kierra Sheard, daughter of Karen, portrayed the character of her mother in the movie.
What is the physical appearance of Karen Clark Sheard?
- Karen Clark Sheard has a significant 5 feet and 9 inches of height, and she has around 65kg body weight.
- Clark Sheard always knew the value of money from childhood as her father left his mother when she was pregnant. Tami faced the money problem since she was born.
What is the relationship status of Karen Clark Sheard?
- Karen Clark Sheard was married to Bishop J. Drew Sheard, a Detroit-based minister serving as the senior pastor of Greater Emmanuel Institutional Church of God in Christ.
- The couple has two children, and their names are Kierra Sheard (1987) and John Drew Sheard II (1989). Kiera is already a Gospel singer, and J Drew is preparing to become a musician.
What is the Net Worth of Karen Clark Sheard?
- Karen Clark Sheard’s net worth is around$1 Million – $5 Million. Karen earns through his albums, Tours, concerts, or by her recording studio.
- Karen Clark Sheard’s birthday is on November 15.
- Clark Sheard is 60 years old.
- Second Chance’s second album was basically about the surgery accident with only 2% survival chances.
- Karen Clark Sheard serves as the First Lady of the COGIC denomination.
View this post on Instagram