Jonathan Frakes is a famous American actor and director. Hosted the Fox network series Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction, which is an anthology series.
Who is Jonathan Frakes?
Jonathan Scott Frakes, better known as Jonathan Frakes, is a renowned actor-director hailing from the USA. He has gained popularity by creating masterpieces in the American film industry. As an actor, he portrayed one of the notable characters in the Star Trek: The Next Generation series and its film adaptation. Frakes directed two Star Trek films, Star Trek: First Contact and Star Trek: Insurrection. His prominent featured movies are Beach Patrol, Camp Nowhere, The Captains, Devil’s Gate, and others. Frakes also appeared in several TV series, among which Bare Essence, Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Dukes of Hazzard, Hart to Hart, The Astronauts are famous. For his excellence in the film industry, Frakes received many recognitions.
In 1996, he was nominated for the Annie Awards in Best Individual Achievement: Voice Acting in Gargoyles. The following year, Frakes was nominated for Hugo Award in the Best Dramatic Presentation in Star Trek, Blockbuster Entertainment Awards in Favorite Supporting Actor in Star Trek, Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films Award for the Best Director. Again in 1999, the actor-director was nominated for the Hugo Award in Best Dramatic Presentation. Frakes received a Lifetime Achievement Award in the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films in 2013.
|Birth Name||Jonathan Scott Frakes|
|Birth Date||August 19, 1952 (Age 69)|
|Birth Place||Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Other Names||Jonathan Frakes|
|Parent(s)||James R. Frakes, Doris J. Yingling|
|High School||Liberty High School|
|College||Pennsylvania State University|
|Active Years||1978- Present|
|Height||6 feet 4 inches|
|Spouse(s)||Genie Francis (1988- Present)|
|Children||Elizabeth Francis Frakes, Jameson Ivor Frakes|
|Social Media Handles||Twitter|
|Net worth||$25 million|
Why is Jonathan Frakes famous?
- Jonathan Frakes is a known director and actor in America who has been associated with major cinematic creations. As the first layer of Frakes’ acting career, he became a core theatre club member in his college and later joined Impossible Ragtime Theater. He worked with Marvel comics in the 1970s as well as appeared in its movies. While working in theatre, the actor appeared in the musical play Shenandoah, followed by the NBC series The Doctors. Consequently, Frakes got the chance to make appearances in shows like The Waltons and Eight Is Enough; Hart to Hart; The Dukes of Hazzard; Matlock; Quincy, M.E., Hill Street Blues, Falcon Crest, North and South, and Dream West. Frakes received his lifetime opportunity to feature in Star Trek: The Next Generation in 1987.
- He played the role of Commander William Riker. After showing his skills, the personality got a chance to direct eight episodes of this particular show. His character became very famous. Hence, Frakes appeared in the rest of the presentations and films of the Star Trek franchise. He directed a total of 21 episodes in its series. Apart from acting and running, the personality also hosted the UPN show The Paranormal Borderline and Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction on the Fox network.
Is Jonathan Frakes educated?
- Jonathan Frakes graduated in fine arts from the Pennsylvania State University. Apart from that, he attended Liberty High School. Frakes is a 69 years old director born on August 19, 1952, in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, USA. His father, James R. Frakes, was a literature professor, and his mother was Doris J. Yingling. Frakes had a sibling named Daniel Frakes.
Is Jonathan Frakes married?
- Jonathan Frakes married actress Genie Francis in 1988. The couple leads a happy married life and is blessed with Elizabeth Francis Frakes and Jameson Ivor Frakes.
What are the income sources of Jonathan Frakes?
- Jonathan Frakes is a prominent actor and director in America. His net worth is $25 million.
- Jonathan Frakes’ birth sign is Leo.
- He is 6.4 feet tall.
- Frakes portrayed the character of Commander William Riker in the Star Trek franchise.
View this post on Instagram