Who is Jet Li?
Li Lianjie, a 57-year-old Chinese – Singaporean martial artist, film producer, film actor and retired Wushu championship. He was born on April 26, 1963.
Li Lianjie is popular as Jet Li. He has earned his name in the field of martial arts as well as films. His career in martial arts began at an early age of 8 when his Wushu’s talent was first noticed in school. Wu Bin and Li Junfeng trained him. Li’s childhood was spent in poverty after his father’s demise when Li was two, and his coach Wu Bin helped the family with food as they were unable to afford what was essential for Li’s health as wushu champion. In his teens, he was already a national coach, and before he was 20, he had starred in his first movie.
He starred in the ‘Once Upon a Time in China’ film series and the critically-praised, international hit ‘Hero.’ Jet Li is the youngest of five children. When Jet Li was only 2 years old, he lost his father. At age 8, he began learning wushu, a form of martial arts. Noting his talent, his family sent him to continue his studies at a special school.
After his victory and retirement in Wushu at the early age of 19 because of his Knee injury, Li made his career in Chinese films. Li has Mastered several Wushu styles and its main weapons.
|Born||April 26, 1963|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, Director, Martial Artist, Author|
|Nationality||American, Chinese, Hong Kong, Singaporean|
5 ft 6 in
|Spouse||Nina Li Chi|
|Children||Taimi Li, Jane Li, Jada li, Si Li|
- Li made his debut in the Chinese film industry with the movie Shaolin Temple in 1982. His notable leads in the epic martial art films like Fist of legends in 1994 and Zang Yimou’s Heroin 2002.
- Li played the role of a villain in Lethal Weapon 4 in 1998, his first non-Chinese movie. Then in 2000, who saw Li playing the character of Han Sing in the movie Romeo Must Die, which was his first lead role in Hollywood. He became an international star and starred in French movies like Unleash in 2005 and Kiss and Dragon in 2001.
- In 2007, Li came back to China to participate in The Warlords, a period war film. He starred with Jackie Chan in The Forbidden Kingdom.
- Li, in the 2020 live-action film Mulan, was cast as the Chinese emperor.
What keeps Jet Li fit?
Jet Li for his cardiovascular fitness bikes and runs. He plays badminton for an hour at least three times a week to maintain his explosiveness and speed. Li also prefers meditating for a minimum of an hour a day. He gives importance to mental as well as physical health. Wuji, his 2009 fitness programme had elements like yoga, martial arts and pilates.
Also, read about John Mulaney.
- Jet Li married Qiuyan Huang in 1987 and had two daughters Si Li and Taimi Li. The couple got divorced in 1990.
- Li in 1999 then married Nina Li Chi, an actress from Hong Kong who was born in Shanghai. The couple had two daughters Jade Li and Jane Li.
57-year-old Jet Li’s net worth is estimated to be $250 million.
- Jet Li worked as a philanthropic adviser of China’s Red Cross Society.
- He is the founder of Taiji Zen, a lifestyle company spreading happiness and health.