A Revolution in Christian Music- Jeremy Camp
Jeremy Thomas Camp is the face of contemporary Christian music. He is an American singer, author, and songwriter. His music is a mix of ballad songs with rock music. Jeremy is very active in social media. He has a huge fan following of around 2.6 million on his Facebook account.
Born on January 12, 1978, in Lafayette, Indiana, Jeremy learned guitar at a very young age. He has had an interest in music since his school days. He has given many hit albums like ‘Beyond Measure’ which topped the music charts. He has released many music videos like ‘Take You Back, ‘Tonight’, ‘Let It Fade’, ‘Understand’, etc.
Jeremy won the Songwriter of the Year Award for his song ‘Take You Back’. The same song also fetched him another award for the best song of the year. Jeremy is an author too. His book ‘I Still Believe’ was published in 2011 which was all about his journey of life. Camp’s debut studio album was released in 2008 ‘Speaking Louder Than Before.
Camp has a firm belief in God and His plans. He gives his heart and soul in his songs and music. He regularly posts videos on his YouTube channel where he has 554k subscribers.
|Birth Name||Jeremy Thomas Camp|
|Born||January 12, 1978 (Age 43)|
|Profession||Author, singer, song-writer|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (175 cm)|
|Weight||70 kg or 154 lbs|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|High School||McCutcheon High School|
|College||Cavalry Chapel Bible College|
|Net Worth||$8 million|
|Genre||Christian Rock, Contemporary Christian music|
|Albums||Speaking Louder than Before
What is the success story of Jeremy Camp?
- Jeremy was in school when he was playing guitar on his own and got heard by one of the worship leaders there. He was asked to sing for the team and soon he began with his singing career. His songs have made a record of ranking No. 1 for 175 weeks on AC Radio. ‘Understand’ was his debut single. His music and songs have their own story to tell. It is mostly about faith in God that He will help overcome all sorrows and troubles in life.
- In 2010, ‘We Cry Out: The Worship Project’ achieved the 20th position on the Billboard List. This made him one of the most popular Christian performers of the time. Camp wrote the song ‘Open Up Your Eyes’ for the famous movie ‘The Chronicles of Narnia’ which fetched him the Dove Award. His ‘Beyond Measure’, ‘Stay’, ‘When You Speak’, and many more songs of his received praise.
What is the physical relationship of Jeremy Camp?
- Jeremy is a 5 ft 8 inches tall man with small hair and a clean shaved face. He weighs 70 kg. Jeremy follows a healthy diet and exercises regularly to keep himself fit.
- Jeremy has imprinted a tattoo on his hand which he says represents a deep connection with his Lord. His dark brown hair and blue eyes have won many hearts.
What is the relationship status of Jeremy Camp?
Jeremy lost his first wife, Melissa Lynn Henning, to cancer. She died a year after their marriage. However, after two years he married again to Adrienne Camp in 2003. The couple has two daughters, Isabella Rose Camp and Arianne Mae Camp, and a son, Egan Thomas Camp.
What is the net worth of Jeremy Camp?
With a net worth of $8 million, Jeremy has written and sang many Christian songs. He has been singing since 2000 and has won many awards. He has written books as well. Jeremy has been nominated for different categories for awards which have added to his wealth.
- Jeremy has come up with 11 albums among which two he has performed live.
- He has married twice-his first wife expired after a year of the wedding. He married again after two years.
- Jeremy has won 5 GMA Dove Awards, has been nominated thrice for American Music Awards, and once for Grammy Awards.
- He released a film ‘I Still Believe’ in 2020, based on the story of his first marriage.
View this post on Instagram