Who is Jeanette Lee?
Jeanette Lee, AKA Black Widow, is one of the best female pool players hailing from the USA. She belonged to a Korean-American family and was ranked as the best pool player in the 1990s. She was named the Women’s Professional Billiard Association Player of the Year in 1994. Her success as a pool player lies in the various titles that she has earned throughout her career. She became three times runner-up at the World Nine-ball Championships for three consecutive years between 1993 to 1996.
Lee was named the WPBA Sportsperson of the Year in 1998. She has also been inducted into Pool & Billiard Magazine Fans’ Top 20 Favorite Players. She was the Gold Medalist for the United States in the World Games in 2001. She also won the China Invitational Championship. She has also won the Pool and Billiard and Billiards Digest Player of the Year honors. Lee has also appeared in several movies, including 3000 Miles to Graceland, The Other Sister, and 9 Ball.
|Birth Name||Jeanette Lee|
|Birth Date||July 9, 1971 (Age 50)|
|Birth Place||Brooklyn, New York, USA|
|Other Names||Black widow|
|High School||The Bronx High School of Science|
|Profession||Pool player, Billiards player|
|Active Years||1989- Present|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches|
|Spouse(s)||George Breedlove (1996- Present)|
|Children||Cheyenne Lee Breedlove, Morgan Michelle Breedlove, Chloe Angelee Breedlove, Olivia Sue Breedlove, Savannah Lee Breedlove|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$1 million|
Why is Jeanette Lee famous?
- Jeanette Lee started her career as a pool player in 1989. She was passionate and dedicated to her game. And this is the sole reason for her numerous titles and popularity. Lee went through many ups and downs, starting from a newbie to the world’s highest rank. Before representing the USA, she was ranked as number 1 World and Player of the Year by Billiards Digest and Pool & Billiards Magazine. She became the Women’s Professional Billiard Association in 1994.
- Lee has numerous titles in her name, including WPBA Olhausen Classic in 1995 and 1997, ESPN Ladies’ Tournament of Champion in 1999, Tournament of Champions Champion in 2003, International Trick Shot Champion in 2004, World Team Cup Champion, and International Skins Billiard Championship in 2007. She wears black in every match and tournament. That is why she is regarded as the Black widow in pool games by her fans. Lee was named as the WPBA Sportsperson of the Year in 1998. She was named the Most Powerful People in the Sport by Billiards Digest in 2001, 2003, 2005, and 2007. She gained the fourth rank in Pool & Billiard Magazine Fans’ Top 20 Favorite Players in 2007.
- Lee had also released her memoir with The Black Widow’s Guide to Killer Pool in 2000. She founded her charity foundation, The Jeanette Lee Foundation, to help the needy through donating to The National Scoliosis Association. In her appearance in Fox Sports Net’s Sport Science, she successfully pocketed 12 balls in one trick shot. Recently, Lee was facing some health issues and reportedly was diagnosed with terminal cancer in 2021.
Who are Jeanette Lee’s parents?
- Jeanette Lee belongs to a Korean-American family, but the identity of her parents is yet to be disclosed. According to the sources, her mother was a registered nurse. She is a 50 years old pool player born on July 9, 1971, in Brooklyn, USA. Lee is 5.5 feet tall and weighs around 68 kg. Her eyes and hair are black.
Is Jeanette Lee married?
- Jeanette Lee has been married to pool player George Breedlove since 1996. The couple has five children- Cheyenne Lee Breedlove, Morgan Michelle Breedlove, Chloe Angelee Breedlove, Olivia Sue Breedlove, and Savannah Lee Breedlove.
How much does Jeanette Lee earn?
- Jeanette Lee’s net worth is $1 million. She is a popular as well as a successful pool player.
- Jeanette Lee won the gold medal for the United States in the World Games in 2001.
- She is known as the black widow of the pool game.
- Her birth sign is Cancer.
- She is married to George Breedlove.
- Lee is an outspoken advocate for people with scoliosis and now serves as the Scoliosis Association’s national spokesperson.
View this post on Instagram