Isha Koppikar is an Indian actress and model who has appeared in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Marathi films. Koppikar was born in 1976 at Mahim, Mumbai in a Konkani family. She started her career as a model and endorsed many brands. She competed in the 1995 Miss India contest, winning the Miss Talent Crown. Her modelling work gave her an introduction to the film industry and her first film appearance in the Telugu movie Chandralekha in 1998.
Isha Koppikar appeared in the debut film Khalid Mohamed’s Fiza in 2000, alongside Karisma Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan. Her most critically acclaimed performances were in the films Girlfriend (2004), D (2006), Darling (2007) and Shabri (2011). She has also played leading and supporting roles in several commercially successful films, including Qayamat: City Under Threat (2003), Kyaa Kool Hai Hum (2005), Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya? (2005), 36 China Town (2006) and Don: The Chase Begins Again (2006), as well as item numbers in several films.
Between filming, Koppikar, like many Bollywood actors, performs in stage music shows. She served as a judge in the Miss Universe 2008 contest, held on 14 July in Vietnam. In 2013, she made her Marathi debut in Maat, a film by director Manohar Sarvankar.
Isha is best known for her portrayal as the female protagonist in a wide array of movies. Koppikar was born into a Konkani family of Mangalorean descent. She graduated in Life Sciences from Ramnarain Ruia College in Mumbai. While at college, she appeared in a photoshoot for Indian photographer Gautam Rajadhyaksha.
She joined Bhartiya Janta Party under the presence of Nitin Gadkari and is currently acting like the women president of BJP’s women transport wing.
Isha Koppikar’s Basic Personal Info
|Name||Isha Koppikar Narang|
|Born||19 September 1976 (44 Years)|
|Country||Mahim, Mumbai, India|
|Height||5ft 7in ,170 cm,1.70 m|
|Weight||60 kg,132 lbs|
|Spouse||Timmy Narang (Hotel Manager)|
|Children||Daughter- Rianna Narang (Born in 2014)|
|Net Worth||1-5 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Telugu- Chandralekha (1998)|
Tamil- Kaadhul Kavithai(1998)
Kannada- Surya Vamsha (2000)
Hindi- Fiza (2000)
Marathi- Maat (2013)
|Debut TV||Peshwa Bajirao as Mastani|
|College||Ramnarain Ruia College, Mumbai (Graduate in Life Science)|
|– Waist||25 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||36 inches|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Favourite Food||Eggs, Fish|
|Favourite Film||Mr India|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Hobbies||Travelling, Trying New Cuisines|
View this post on Instagram
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- Isha appeared in the film, Girlfriend in 2004. Her intimate scene with Amrita Arora created a lot of flak at the time of release. Many theatre owners abounded the screening of the film.
- In 1995, Isha participated in the Miss India Contest and won the Miss Talent Crown.
- She has a black belt in Taekwondo.
- Her item song Khallas in the film Company (2002), made such an effect on cinema audiences and critics were to leave her with the enduring nickname Khallas Girl.
- She was one of the judges for the celebrity dance competition Nach Baliye3, alongside director David Dhawan and Vaibhavi Merchant.
- She served as a judge in the Miss Universe 2008 contest, held on 14 July in Vietnam.
- In August 2009, she presented the new Colors wrestling show 100% De Dana Dan.
- In 2007, she became the Indian brand ambassador of the Italian fashion company Police Time and Jewellery.
- Koppikar is also a spokesperson for the animal rights organisation PETA and received the 10th Anniversary Humanitarian Award in December 2009.
- Following the advice of numerologists, she has changed her name twice, first to Ishaa Koppikar and later to Eesha Koppikhar. However, as of 2015, she has reverted to the original spelling of her name.
- She joined Bhartiya Janta Party under the presence of Nitin Gadkari and is currently acting like the women president of BJP’s women transport wing.
- She still models fashion designers such as Anita Dongre as well as Pria Kataria Puri.
- 1998: Filmfare Best Female Debut (Tamil)- Kaadhal Kavithai
- 2003: Stardust Award for Most Exciting New Face- Company
- 2009: Anniversary Humanitarian Award
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile