Who is Hozier?
Andrew John Hozier Bryne, also is known as Hozier(born 17 March 1990), is a 30-year-old Irish rock singer. He was born in Bray County, Ireland. He rose to stardom with his debut album, and his debut single “Take Me Church” was an instant hit. The following year he was nominated for the grammy awards for best debut single and album. Andrew John Hozier-Byrne (/hozier/ HOH-zee-r) is an Irish musician, singer, and songwriter who goes by the mononym Hozier.
His second album also did really well, and he was not banished as a one-hit-wonder. Not many people may have doubted his talent when he was younger, but they certainly are proud now as Andrew has become 2 times billboard music award, winner. He also has become a famous social media personality with over 2.8 million subscribers on YouTube and over 1.6 million followers on Instagram. Discover Hoizer’s height, career, net worth, relationship, and full bio down below.
His style of music is not only limited to blues but is also heavily influenced by the rock and R&B genres. From his first extended play, ‘Take Me to Church,’ the title song made a remarkable debut on all leading charts in the country by either occupying the first or the second positions.
|Name||Andrew John Hozier Bryne (Hozier)|
|Born||17 March 1990 (30 years old)|
|Height||198 cm (in centimetres)|
1.98 m (in meters)
6 feet 4 inches (in feet and inches)
|Weight||86 kg (in kilograms)|
189 .58 lbs (in pounds)
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Spouse||Saoirse Ronan (Girlfriend)|
|Net Worth||$1.5 Million|
|Profiles||Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube|
Where was Hozier born?
- He was born in Ireland, Bray County. He was the son of John Bryne, a local musician and drummer, in 1970. He was talented from a very early age. He was raised in a catholic family, but he and his brother don’t believe there is a god or any supernatural power. Despite being in a Christian family, he rarely used to go to church except at funerals and weddings.
- He joined Delgany National School, St Gerard’s School, and finally joined Trinity College Dublin to study Music Education. He also has been writing songs since the age of 15. He was not focused on studies but always had a love for music and musical instruments.
What is Hozier famous for?
- Before his rise to fame, Hozier was a soloist in Trinity Orchestra. He left Orchestra when he had a lifetime opportunity provided by worldwide famous record label corporation “Universal Music”. In 2012 he joined a choral ensemble in Ireland called “Anuna” and got featured in one of their songs titled “La Chanson de Mardi Gras”. He left the group shortly after that to pursue a single career.
- His fame started to rise in 2013 when he released his first EP titled “Take Me To Church“. It became worldwide famous in various countries. It reached no 1 in Belgium, Italy, and reached no 2 in the UK, US, Canada, and other countries. The record got the prestigious platinum certificate from many record labels and organizations. Take Me to Church also became an instant hit on YouTube and currently has over 395 million views. Hozier also earned a Grammy nomination for this title in 2015.
- In March 2014, he released his second EP titled “From Eden”. This EP was not as successful as the first one, but fans of Hozier did admire it anyway. The EP peaked at no 2 in a couple of countries like Ireland and made the top 70 in top countries like the US and Uk.
- Later in the year, he released a self-titled debut album and released his song “Take Me to Church” among the other two songs from his previous EP. Again the Irish rockstar, among the admirable reviews and album, topped Ireland charts and peaked at No 2 in the UK, US, and Canada. In2015, Hozier won the “European Border Breakers Award” for his debut studio album.
- He has appeared on several TV shows like fashion shows and a late-night show with James Corden. He is also a member of the “Home Sweet Home” social activist group to relieve homeless families across Europe.
- On the 7th of December 2021, Meduza just released an unusual yet well-received duet with soul singer and songwriter Hozier. The song, titled ‘Tell It To My Heart,’ has received over 20 million Spotify streams to date and continues to wow Meduza and Hozier fans with its addicting rhythm and emotion. They’ve now released a gorgeous music video to accompany the song, which is available now.
How tall is Hozier?
- He stands at the height of 6 feet 4 inches and weighs about 68 kgs. He has black colour hair, and his eyes colour is dark brown. His zodiac sign is Pisces.
- From a very early age, he was not focused on studies but always loved music. He was very rebellious in nature and still believe that humans must not suppress others because of power.
Is Hozier dating now?
- As per the rumour, he is dating a golden globe award-winning actress Saoirse Ronan. Previously it was heavily in media, Hoizer was in a relationship with Taylor Swift, but they quickly addressed it as only friends.
- Hozier’s father, James Beryn, is a musician himself, but not much is known about his mother and siblings.
- The soon-to-be charismatic and highly successful singer-songwriter, who won over millions of fans, was born in the small town of Bray, situated about 20 km from Dublin. The boy grew up in a close-knit family of creative minds. Hozier’s mother is an artist who actually created the artwork for his debut album, while his brother is a director and helped with Hozier’s music videos.
What is the net worth of Hozier?
- The famous Irish rockstar is really famous in the music industry and especially in Ireland. He is also very famous on social media. Hozier’s primary source of income tends to be from music sales. He also earns from paid sponsorships and brand deals. As of 2020, it is estimated his net worth to be approximately $1.5 million.
- He is an Irish superstar, indie rock singer, and songwriter who rapidly rose to stardom and was nominated for the Annual Grammy Awards in 2015.
- He released his first EP in 2013, which was an instant hit with the song “Take me to Church”.
- He released his first studio self-titled album in 2014 and got nominated for Grammy Award for the song “Take Me to Church”.
- His net worth as of 2020 is approximately $1.5 million.
- Hozier and Ray Stevens are bonafide musicians and are famous in the music industry.
Image Credit – @Hozier Instagram
View this post on Instagram