Gianni Russo is a multi-talented American figure known for his diverse contributions as an actor, singer, and author. Born on December 12, 1943, in the United States, Russo has left an indelible mark on the entertainment industry. He gained worldwide recognition through his iconic role as Carlo Rizzi in the legendary film “The Godfather,” which marked his acting debut in 1972. This portrayal not only showcased his acting prowess but also cemented his place in cinematic history.
Russo’s career has spanned several decades, and he has continued to captivate audiences with his dynamic performances in various films and television shows. Beyond acting, he has explored his musical talents, releasing an album in 2009 that revealed his singing abilities. In addition to his artistic ventures, Russo has delved into the realm of literature, sharing his life experiences and insights in his autobiography. He offers readers a glimpse into his journey, from his Italian-American heritage to his rise in Hollywood.
Gianni Russo’s Quick Bio
|Born||December 12, 1943|
|Profession||Actor, Singer, Author|
|Height||6’0″ (183 cm)|
|Weight||Approx. 180 lbs (82 kg)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Spouse||1. Cindy Russo (m. 2005)|
|2. Erin Smith (m. 1981-1982)|
|Children||1. Antonio Russo|
|2. Christopher Russo|
|Net Worth||Estimated in millions|
|Body Measurements||Not publicly disclosed|
|Education||Not widely documented|
|Alma Mater||Not available|
|Parents||Father: Antonio Russo|
|Mother: Concetta Russo|
|Siblings||Not widely documented|
|Source of Wealth||Acting, Singing, Authorship|
|Acting Debut||“The Godfather” (1972)|
|Years Active||1972 – Present|
|Famous for||Portraying Carlo Rizzi in|
|Awards||No major awards|
|Filmography||Numerous film and TV roles|
|Television||Various TV appearances|
|Social Media||Limited presence|
|Hobbies||Not publicly disclosed|
|Interests||Not publicly disclosed|
|Philanthropy||Not widely documented|
|Causes Supported||Not widely documented|
|Quotes||“The Godfather changed my life.”|
|Fun Facts||Gianni Russo released an album in 2009, showcasing his singing talent.|
Gianni Russo’s Career
- Russo is an actor, singer, author, and entrepreneur too. He was born on 12th December 1943 in Manhattan, New York City, USA. He made his debut in the 1972 super hit film The Godfather. The audience loved the character of Carlos Rizzi. This role offered him a variety of opportunities in his career. He received many TV as well as film opportunities afterward. Russo was also the brand ambassador of a vodka company then. He then started composing songs and has given many hits like It Was A Very Good Year, My Kind Of Girl, Something, etc. He released a CD with the title Reflections to pay respect to Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. Russo also opened a restaurant in Las Vegas named Gianni Russo’s State Street, but unfortunately, it was closed in 1988.
- In 1988 he shot a person inside his own restaurant who apparently stabbed him with a broken bottle. Apart from these, Russo had his own wine line called Gianni Russo Wines.
- In 2019, he published his own book titled Hollywood Godfather: My Life in the Movies and the Mob, where he has shared many happenings in his career in the film industry.
- Russo owns Gianni Russo Wines, a wine label that debuted in 2009.
Gianni Russo’s Personal Information
- Gianni Russo is a glamorous actor and lives life lavishly. His skin tone is fair, and he has grey eyes as well as grey hair. He got his first tattoo at the age of 60. He is from Manhattan, New York, and is said to have completed his studies there. He never disclosed his parent’s identity but often made claims associated with the Gambino Mafia Family. He has a height of 5 feet 5 inches and weighs 65kg.
Gianni Russo’s Relationship
- Russo has been very open about his private life, but he never shared his marital status. He has been associated with many women in the industry. He boldly claimed that he was in a relationship with Marilyn Monroe, with whom he has lost his virginity. Apart from Monroe, he was also in relationships with Dionne Warwick and Liza Minnelli. People claim that he has 11 children without marriage.
Gianni Russo’s Net worth
- Russo’s net worth is $79 million. He has been a versatile artist as well as a businessperson. He acted in several movies and composed songs. He had a restaurant of his own which was unfortunately closed in 1988. He has been the brand ambassador of a vodka company too.
Some Quick Trivia
- He is an American-Italian actor.
- He played the role of Carlos Rizzi in The Godfather.
- He was in a relationship with Marilyn Monroe.
- Russo is associated with the Gambino Mafia family.